A unique opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, enthusiastic and driven individual.
You will have responsibility for leading and coordinating the clinical and managerial requirements for the ED on a shift by shift basis. Acting as an expert resource for the nursing team, and supporting them in the delivery of safe, evidence based and effective care and be highly visible accessible approach for patients, their carers and relatives, and all staff within the MDT alike.
Your role will include ensuring patient care is delivered in a timely and appropriate manner, and to facilitate patient flow through the department and clinically focused to support the department, leading by example and empowering staff in their personal and professional development.
Innovative with ways of working, and will strive to develop the service which best fits the demands made upon the department, and will be encouraged and supported to challenge working practices in order to become as efficient as possible.
Health Careers |Main duties of the job
- Working clinically to oversee the safety and quality of the care given within the Emergency Department.
- Using specialist knowledge of Emergency Nursing to provide clinical and professional leadership to the nursing team, to ensure the delivery of high quality patient centred care on a shift by shift basis
- Supporting junior colleagues during the shift and as a team leader.
- Liaising with the wider MDT to maintain safety and to ensure patient flow throughout the department.
- Responsible for undertaking appraisals of all staff within their individual team.
- Undertaking regular 1:1's with their individual team members.
- Performing sickness absence reviews as per Trust Policy.
- Making decisions regarding clinical and personnel issues on a shift by shift basis.
- Developing the service and team to ensure high quality care is deliverable and appropriately implemented.
- Delivering upon requests made by departmental Matron
- Following the Department's and Trust's Policies and Protocols
The nursing team in the Emergency Department consists of both Adult and Paediatric qualified nurses and works alongside Advanced Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Paramedic Practitioners who manage the Minor Injuries service within the department, supported by very capable and knowledgeable Assistant Practitioners and Healthcare Assistants.
Practice Educators, who are based within the department and offer a multitude of learning experiences tailored to the needs of the Emergency Department. Led by an experienced Emergency Nurse, the team not only facilitates in-house training for the clinical skills required by nurses within the Emergency Department, but is also very responsive to the developmental and educational needs of all the staff on an individual basis, and are an invaluable asset to the team.
The requirement for the delivery of safe, high quality care is at the heart of all we do, and we take great pride in the professionalism of the team and our work.
Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.
- Degree level education or equivalent experience
- Emergency care skills evidence
- Evidence of post graduate study
- mentorship qualification
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Minimum 2 Years experience Emergency Department as band 6
- Managerial and leadership experience
- Clinical skills required for Emergency Nursing
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.