Northumbria Healthcare Digital Services is looking for a forward thinking Project Manager to join the Programme Delivery team.The appointed candidates will be joining a successful and highly motivated team transforming the way we work and driving forward the digital agenda.This is a great opportunity for anyone joining the team delivering key strategic projects that will improve our interactions and care of our patients. The trust has set out an ambition digital strategy over the next five years with investment in technology to support the transformation.Digital Services are also investing significantly in our teams to support them in their career progression and continued professional development.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a number of projects which can vary in duration and complexity. This must besupported with relevant documentation and tracking of projects against plan and within budget.The successful candidates will be expected to support the development and delivery of business cases to support projects which set out specificrequirements, clear objectives and benefits to support the investment in the project.About us
We manage three major locality hospitals at North Tyneside, Wansbeck and Hexham, plus a number of smaller community hospitals and clinics from Tynemouth to Berwick on Tweed, covering one of the largest geographical areas of any NHS trust in the country. Leading in innovation and quality - opening a state of the art Northumbria Specialist Emergency Care Hospital, the first of its kind in England. Do you want to work in one of the best performing NHS organisations in England? Work in an organisation that supports its staff and focuses on staff experience as much as it does the experience of its patients? You can live and breathe in an area that has the cleanest air, cost effective living, great nightlife, some of the best schools with a wealth of history available on your doorstep. Sound too good to be true? Well it isn't, this is what you get when you work for Northumbria Healthcare, this is the Northumbria Way! Please read 'applicant guidance notes' before submitting your applicationJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust has embarked on a programme of digital transformational change, the Digital Strategy aims to enhance how the trust uses technology. The objective is to better support the patients, the clinicians, nurses, therapists, pharmacists and the wider teams who provide care.
The Project Manager role is primarily to manage the procurement and Implement/manage multiple projects from strategic to operational across a wide range of subject areas. Ensuring the delivery of projects to meet the quality standards required, on budget and within the prescribed timescales. Provide overall management for projects. Manages, facilitates and monitors progress of projects. Manages performance improvement and service development. Manages teams of project staff where appropriate.
Duties for this role include:
- Projects range in cost from �5,000 > �1,000,000.
- Staff impacted by projects can range from 5 10,000
- Projects may last between several weeks and in excess of one year.
- Staff involved in core project teams normally range from 5 7, larger projects can encompass 30 40 from staff across all professional staff groups.
- Analysis, planning and production of all relevant project documentation on receipt of a project mandate to deliver project goals
- Project manages projects as delegated.
- In relation to individual projects the Project Manager is required to report to the Project Board, usually headed by an Executive Director, Clinical Director, Directorate Manager or senior manager.
- Overall project progress is also reported through the Director of service
- To role model compassionate and inclusive leadership in order to shape the creation of a collective leadership culture within service.
Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of specific areas, acquired through degree or equivalent experience or training, plus further staff and project management knowledge to post graduate diploma level equivalent.
- Degree or significant project management experience.
- Qualification and experience in project management methodology to PRINCE2 Practitioner level or equivalent.
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Northumbria Manufacturing Hub, Seaton Delaval
Avenue Rd, Seaton Delaval, Whitley Bay NE25 0QJ
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.