The Homerton Healthcare Foundation Trust is offering an exciting opportunity to recruit a Finance Manager. We are looking for a dedicated and highly motivated individual to join our finance team in leading the provision of a comprehensive Financial Management service.
We are looking for an individual with previous financial management experience in a provider setting, who is enthusiastic, innovative and keen to work to develop services and support the provision of a high quality financial management service to both clinical and non-clinical teams.
We are committed to achieving equality and inclusion at Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, and we respect and value the diversity and differences of our patients and our people, ensuring everyone is enabled to thrive, feels a sense of belonging, and is able to be their authentic self. We offer a range of flexible working options that enable you to balance your work and personal life, including part-time, compressed hours, remote working and job-shares.
If you are interested in joining our team, please let us know your preferred working pattern in your application, and we will consider all requests for flexible working and try to accommodate them wherever possible.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be directly responsible to the Head of Financial Management and Planning, this post will act as the primary point of contact for the Financial Management function, advising on all relevant matters, supporting delivery of financial and non-financial targets. The post is essential to supporting operational delivery and ongoing financial planning.
Candidates will work closely with clinical and non-clinical team members as well as the wider finance team and the Trust's senior management team. Candidates should therefore be confident in liaising with Divisional Ops Directors, have excellent communication skills and be able to support and advise on complex financial matters.
The role will be supporting the Surgical, Womans, Neonatal and Sexual health division. About us
Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust is a high performing and flourishing organisation serving the population of Hackney, East London, The City and beyond.
We are extremely proud of the fact that Homerton Hospital has recently attained the highest possible rating of Outstanding from the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Our integrated Trust provides comprehensive hospital and community health services for its local population and a range of specialist services for a wider group of patients. In addition, the Trust manages services out of St Leonard's Hospital and the Mary Seacole Nursing Home.
Homerton aims to ensure equality and value diversity, and we are committed to inclusion for all of our staff. This is reflected in our policies, procedures and People Plan. All of our staff are expected to embody our Trust values at all times.
We are also committed, through our Fair Recruitment Standards, to ensuring all applicants are treated fairly.
Homerton has a proud tradition of supporting and developing its staff, including its well-regarded and valued nursing community, and all staff are able to take advantage of a great range of benefits.
Homerton is proud to have been included on the HSJ & Nursing Times Best Places to Work list.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
The full job description provides an overview of the key tasks and responsibilities of the role, and the person specification again outlines the qualifications, skills, experience, and knowledge required. For both documents, please view the attachment/s on this page.
The person specification attached is not the full person specification but outlines the criteria against which your application form will be assessed.Person SpecificationEducation/QualificationsEssential
- Professional accountancy qualification (recognized by CCAB)
- Ability to undertake complex and sometimes difficult conversations with senior Operational and Clinical leaders to communicate financial information.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex financial information
- Good people management and motivation skills
- Politically astute and able to operate with a high degree of independence and initiative.
- Excellent negotiating and influencing skills with an ability to lead change
- Ability to handle difficult and emotional situations
- Management of a large and complex budget setting and reporting processes.
- Significant experience of working with senior management particularly General Managers, Executive Directors and Clinical Directors
- Experienced in the analysis of performance data
- Extensive understanding of complex financial techniques used to support decision making
- Expert knowledge of Management Accounts function - covering month- end reporting, and forecasting, as well as both operational planning and strategic planning through the Annual Planning and Budgeting process
- Specialist/expert knowledge of financial and accounting procedures, NHS finance policies QIPP/CIP SLR experience and expertise in financial accounting and disciplines relevant to commercial finance function
- Strongly proactive and solution orientated
- Understanding of the Trust values
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Interest in Finance Staff development and involvement with Healthcare Financial Management Association (HfMA)
Homerton Healthcare NHS Foundation TrustAddress
6 Orsman Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.