Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is a General Medical Council (GMC) Sponsor employer. This opportunity is open to UK based and International Consultants.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dedicated Consultant Psychiatrist to join our Home Treatment team (HTT). The Northwest Surrey Home Treatment Team covers the areas of Woking, Runnymede, Spelthorne, and Elmbridge. The HTT provides intensive community care underpinned by the principles of acute and dynamic, clinically focused risk management. The multidisciplinary team develop individual care plans for each patient to work towards step down to less intensive clinical support and provide early intervention to avoid admission.
The HTT interfaces with Inpatient Acute Services, Single Point of Access Triage Services, the Section 136 Places of Safety, Community Services, Liaison Services, and the Criminal Justice System. Most patients are referred from Community Mental Health Recovery Services and Liaison Services.
The Service operates a Risk Zoning Meeting with daily multidisciplinary input facilitating robust risk management and a 'whole team' approach to team caseload management. The team caseload is approximately 30 patients.
Research, study, audit, and quality improvement are strongly advocated and SABP actively support your involvement. There is also access to the weekly trust wide academic programme.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for delivering Consultant psychiatric input and clinical leadership to the multidisciplinary team and acting as a consultant/advisor to the team in line with the developing models of practice under 'New Ways of Working'
The post-holder is also expected to liaise effectively with the other general and specialist teams operating in Surrey to ensure effective handover of care when patients transfer between teams as partof the patient pathway.
On average, an full time Consultant will have 2-3 outpatient clinics per week as follow-up appointments and approximately 2 to 3 Emergency/Domiciliary visits per week. Our offer:
- Salary: NHS Consultant Grade �88,364 - �119,133 + �149 fringe
- GMC Sponsorship
- Relocation allowance: up to �8000 *subject to policy requirements
- Sponsorship for international candidates: up to �3199
- Recruitment premia �15,000 over 3 years *subject to policy requirements
- NHS Pension: employers contribution 14.38% from day one
- Subsidised nursery places
- Car Scheme: tax saving up to �6,000
- Discounted Nuffield Gym Membership
- Generous annual leave
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job description that clearly states all the requirements needed to carry out this role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MB BS or equivalent recognised medical qualification
- Full medical registration with a license to practice.
- Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act(or within 6 to 12 months of the time of interview/assessment) or equivalent
- Relevant higher degree, e.g. MD, PhD, MSc or other additional clinical qualifications
- MRCPsych or equivalent
- Management qualification or evidence of an interest in developing leadership skills.
- Fully registered with the GMC with a licence to practise at the time of appointment.
- Included on the GMC Specialist Register OR within six months.
- In good standing with GMC concerning warnings and conditions on practice
- Approved clinician status OR able to achieve within three months of appointment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Holds and will use valid UK driving license OR provides evidence of proposed alternative
- Access to a vehicle for work purposes
- Transport to travel between locations and ability to fulfil all duties of the post, including on-call, both within the parameters of the Equality Act 2010
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.