We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic, motivated, dynamic Physiotherapist who can demonstrate commitment to the provision of high-quality person-centred care.
To participate in the Physiotherapy rotational scheme, which involves working across Torbay and South Devon Healthcare Trust sites in a range of ward settings, out-patient departments, intermediate care facilities, patients own homes and community facilities. Rotations are 4 monthly.
To provide a high standard of physiotherapy service to general musculoskeletal out-patients, in and outpatient trauma and orthopaedics, medical and surgical, neurology, elderly and intermediate care. Community rehabilitation and specialist rehabilitation services. Specialist inpatient services in ICU and CCU.
Deputise for more senior staff in their absence, taking responsibility for allocating and organising the work of physiotherapy assistant staff to meet priorities on a daily basisMain duties of the job
- Daily interventions with clients in a variety of settings including assessment, intervention and discharge planning. Working alongside therapy colleagues and MDT.
- Use of IT systems within the Trust for recording of data and interventions
- Core skills in communication, health and safety, risk assessment, personal and people and service development, engagement in peer review and achievement reviews, responsibility for health and wellbeing, quality and professional practice.
- Maintain and uphold professional standards of Physiotherapy practice within Trust and HCPC guidelines
Torbay and South Devon values staff and the diverse experiences and contributions they bring. We pride ourselves on being an inclusive organisation where every individual has the opportunity to make a real difference. So why join us?
- A leader in innovation - integrated health and social care and its service delivery
- Delivery of services from a variety of clinical settings and bases in an outstanding area of beauty.
- A wide range of career opportunities offering 4 monthly rotations across a wide range of clinical areas.
- A positive, vibrant working atmosphere with good transport links to all our sites
- A mindful employer recognising employee health and wellbeing as a fundamental part of our success
- A number of staff benefits
Our Trust aims to provide high quality, safe health and social care in the right place, at the right time to support the people of Torbay and South Devon to live their lives to the full. The physiotherapy service is integral to ensuring this statement of purpose is delivered to our communities. This gives unequalled scope for joint working, skill sharing and learning in a supportive environment. Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Assess patient understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid formal consent and jointly agreed goals. To have the capacity to work within a legal framework with patients who lack capacity to consent to treatment.
Communication will include imparting comprehensive information on a daily basis relating to diagnosis, prognosis, physical and functional recovery and lifestyle adjustments to patients and their relatives/carers.
Competent use of verbal and non-verbal communication tools to discuss complex information about underlying influences, diagnosis, prognosis, progression of rehabilitation and treatment programmes with patient or carer. This will include patients who may have difficulties relating to complex emotional, psychological as well as physical conditions relating to the presenting complaint.
To be able to work unsupervised, delegate appropriately and show initiative and competence in information gathering, assessment and treatment & discharge planning . To demonstrate professional attitude and conduct in own working practices and be able to recognise the impact of these on others.Person Specificationqualifications and trainingEssential
Desirable Knowledge and experienceEssential
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC registered
- Experience in the core clinical areas of physiotherapy within an NHS setting, either as a student Physiotherapist or in a qualified role
- Competent IT skills
- Evidence given to demonstrate knowledge of the relevant NSFs, NICE and clinical guidelines used within the NHS setting
Other specific skillsEssential
- Experience of working as part of a physiotherapy team and/or multidisciplinary team
- Experience of decision making, time management and maintaining interpersonal working relationships
- Ability to manage own time/ workload independently or with guidance
- Ability and availability to contribute to 7 day working rotas and respiratory on-call rota
- Evidence of good communication skills, team working and delegation
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Holding offices as a student
- Clean valid driving licence and access to car or suitable transport for community work
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.