We have an exciting opportunity for a, enthusiastic, motivated, individual to join our Audiology department and lead the Implantable Device Service, which includes the whole range of Bone Conduction Devices as well as Middle Ear Implants
The Service provides a comprehensive range of services relating to the assessment and rehabilitation of hearing and balance problems in both adults and children and has excellent links with the regional Cochlear Implant Service which is also situated on the Bradford Royal Infirmary site and a high performing Newborn Hearing Screening Service.Main duties of the job
The post holder will act as a clinical specialist and will be responsible for the day to day operational management of the Implantable Device Service including staff.
The department operates extended working hours enabling staff to work a 4 day week.
You should hold an MSc in Audiology or be trained to M level, have appropriate NHS clinical experience consistent with your qualifications, and be registered with HPCP/AHCS/RCCP.
For further details please access the full job description and person specifications available on the NHS Jobs website.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- MSc in Audiology with CAC/HTS, or STP Audiology, or Band 6 and appropriate post graduate training,
- RCCP/AHCS or HPC Registration
- Mentorship/Supervision qualification
- Hold a full driving licence and has access to a car
- Sign Language Skills/Qualification
- Extensive clinical experience in Paediatric and Adult Audiology
- Experience of working autonomously and as part of a team within the NHS
- Leading and developing an area of Audiology
- Involvement /leadership of audit and research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work confidently with staff at all levels
- Ability to deal with competing work pressures and specific deadlines.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of Information Governance and Confidentiality
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.