If you are a Registered Adult or Paediatric Nurse with desire and passion for Emergency Care and am looking for a senior nursing position then this may be the role for you
Are you looking to take the next step in your career? We are looking for a dynamic enthusiastic, friendly, self-motivated, Adult Registered Nurse/ RSCN with acute experience to join our hard-working expanding team at a leadership level.
Pilgrim Accident and Emergency Department already employs an amazing team of dedicated Registered Nurses, Healthcare Support Workers, Reception staff, Housekeepers. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Registered Nurse to join our team at Band 6 level.
We are expanding our Senior Nursing workforce therefore we are fortunate enough to have both Full and Part time positions available.
Any successful candidate will be expected to work both days and nights over a 7-day working week to ensure consistent leadership and seniority.
Shift times are as follows:
07:30 - 20:00
12:00 - 00:30
16:00 - 04:30
19:30 - 08:00Main duties of the job
The post holder is responsible and accountable:o The assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluationof programmes of care without supervision.o Lead and monitor the performance and standards of care within the Nursing Team.o Take the lead on projects as appropriateo In conjunction with the Ward Manager and other Junior Sister/Charge Nurse,facilitating the development of the service and personal development of all nursing staffwithin the clinical area of responsibilityo Deputising for the Ward Manager in their absence, attending appropriate meetings,maintaining an organised and structured workforceAbout us
Our Trust is situated in the beautiful county of Lincolnshire and is one of the biggest acute hospital trusts in England, serving a population of more than 700,000 people. We provide acute and specialist services to people in Lincolnshire and neighbouring counties. We have an annual income of �643 million (20/21) and we employ nearly 8,500 people.
Our Board have recently agreed a new vision statement - Outstanding Care Personally Delivered - stating their ambition for our Trust to be among the best.
We also have a five year Integrated Improvement Plan setting out how we will achieve our strategic objectives, for patients, services, people and partners, the last recognising that our future success depends on our ability to ensure the Lincolnshire healthcare system is successful in achieving its ambition to help people live healthier lives and provide care closer to where people live.
Our latest CQC report increased our ratings for being effective and well-led from 'Requires Improvement' to 'Good'. Our rating for caring remained as 'Good'.
This is in recognition of the huge amount of work that our amazing staff have done to improve the quality of care for our patients in recent years.
We are committed to helping our staff balance their work and home lives and ensure they feel supported, valued and appreciatedJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesWhat should you do next?
Have a look at the job description, and if you like what you see, then apply today. Dont miss this fantastic opportunity to work with a great team in a supportive environment within a great institution. Your NHS needs you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Active on NMC register
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Evidence of continuing education & professional development.
- Appropriate mentor qualification or equivalent teaching qualification
- Degree in related subject
- Demonstrates the ability to implement and sustain high standards of individualised, clinically effective, up-to-date evidence-based care on a regular basis.
- To have a range of experiences in nursing acutely unwell patients
- Knowledge of clinical effectiveness and audit
- ED experience
- Proven assessment and teaching skills and the ability to develop competencies through which practise can be assessed.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Able to manage difficult or complex situations effectively and to work under pressure
- Demonstrates the ability to implement sustainable change which enhances patient care / experience.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrates an understanding of the principles of research.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the national agenda, demonstrating that they are able to translate this into everyday policy and practise
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.