We are looking for a Full time B6 Speech and Language Therapist with a special interest in Complex Needs and Dysphagia
Children and Family Health Devon (CFHD) is the place to be! We are developing an innovative, integrated model of children's community services and looking for enthusiastic individuals to join our friendly and dedicated locality and county-wide professional teams.
As a large community service, you will be joining a strong, enthusiastic and supportive group of professionals who will be your peers, your phone a friend network and your inspiring colleagues. This provides a real sense of professional collaboration at work, that will be an asset to your daily work, your career development and your support network.Main duties of the job
- To assess, diagnose and provide specialist treatment for a complex caseload of all types of communication disorders and delays in children and evaluate outcomes.
- To supervise a small team of Speech and Language Therapists and Speech and Language Therapy Assistant
- To be responsible for flexible and responsive management of the pre school and school aged caseload between therapists
- To provide reports, feedback and statistics reflecting specialist knowledge to referral agencies.
- To inform carers and other professionals on details from specialist assessments
Children and Family Health Devon (CFHD) comprises an Alliance of NHS organisations working together to improve health outcomes for children and young people in Devon.
CFHD provides integrated care and treatment for children and young people across physical and mental health which are provided by TSDFT and DPT. We are working closely with other organisations and providers to ensure we deliver locality and county-wide based integrated access to all of our services, based on the i-Thrive Framework, in response to consultation with our service users and communities.
CFHD works closely with our local universities of Plymouth, Exeter & the Peninsula Medical School where we support students in clinical training placements and in addition support our own staff to undertake post graduate training. Our children and young people say...
We would like the people who work for Children and Family Health Devon to be understanding, patient and respectful. They should be trustworthy and make us feel safe and comfortable. It is important that they use their skills and experience to listen carefully in a non-patronising and non-judgemental way. When staff are positive and friendly, they help to create an environment that is informal and without pressure.
Successful applicants will be employed by Torbay and South Devon FT (Why work with us - 1 (pagetiger.com))
Our vision is to be a successful, vibrant, partnership that benefits the communities we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitablilty to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Relevant experience at undergraduate/post graduate level.
- Proven relevant experience post qualification in managing a complex varied caseload and in working autonomously in the community.
- Experience working within multi-disciplinary teams
- Experience working in early years and school age settings
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent.
- Full Registration with Health Professions Council.
- Registered Member of Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- Evidence of successful completion of specialist post graduate short courses relating to paediatric communication disorders
- Membership of relevant Special Interest Groups.
- Highly developed specialist knowledge (acquired through attending specialist short courses) to enable post holder to work autonomously in the community.
- Highly developed specialist knowledge of independent management of complex and highly specialised caseload and an ability to compare and contrast relative benefits.
- In depth knowledge of children with special needs and associated conditions underpinned by current evidence based practice.
- Well established knowledge of a broad range of assessment and therapeutic tools relevant to working with children and an ability to compare and contrast relative benefits.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Competence in delivering language development training to both professional and untrained staff in the community.
- Experience supervising speech and language therapy programme implementation by early years and mainstream school staff.
- Experience in team leading and organising a local service/clinic.
- Experience of supervising less experienced Speech and Language Therapists.
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bull Meadow Clinic, Bull Meadow Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.