The Project Manager will be responsible for:
Main duties of the job
- Delivering specification development, procurement, implementation and transition to business as usual support of key clinical and non-clinical systems.
- Ensuring that all Projects within the post-holder's remit are managed in accordance with recognized project management principles and are delivered on time, within budget, to the agreed specification and scope, and to the set quality standards required to achieve agreed outcomes and benefits.
- Working with the Head of Programme/Deputy CIO to promote a reputation for professional and effective programme and project delivery by the Digital Services teams.
- Liaising with colleagues and stakeholders throughout the Trust to ensure that their project delivery expectations are understood clearly documented and reliably met.
A number of exciting opportunities (for 12 month fixed term Project manager appointments) have arisen to become part of the busy Digital Services Operations team at University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust. The post holder would be expected to
- Manage all aspects of assigned Digital Services projects from initiation to closure including regular reporting and analysis of progress and performance, in association with the Programme Management Office where appropriate.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of the projects and stages in accordance with best-practice project management techniques and methods including the capture and management of risks and issues and the generation of plans for all aspects of the project.
- Maintain control over assigned projects, taking corrective action where necessary and report to the PMO, Programme Manager, Head of Digital Programmes, CDIO and appropriate Steering Groups/Boards as directed.
- For all projects assigned, ensure delivery on time, to the agreed specification and scope, within budget and to agreed quality standards.
Projects may include, but not limited to Departmental Clinical and non-clinical systems.
We particularly welcome female applicants and those from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minoritycandidates, as they are under-represented within Digital Services at this level.About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description, main responsibilities, and Person Specification, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent relevant experience (5 years, including 2 in project management)
- Project Management Qualification
- Evidence of continuing professional development
Knowledge and ExperienceEssential
- Formal training in MS Project
Desirable Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of producing documentation, implementation plans and other reports
- Experience of communicating with staff at all levels in a large and complex organisation
- Operational experience of successful project management of Healthcare or other large public sector IM& T systems implementation
- Experience in MS software e.g. Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook
- Ability to analyse complex issues, and perform risk assessment and option appraisal
- Ability to produce and implement plans
- Knowledge of current Digital/IM& T best practice, including security and confidentiality
- Understanding of the business processes and information requirements of the digital agenda
- Understanding of IM& T and its application to the Healthcare working environment
- Appreciation of Digital training needs assessment and provision, for clinical and non-clinical staff, to enable the delivery of new services and systems
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to influence discussions and communicate effectively with a wide range of people
- Clear and effective presentation skills, both oral and written (including report writing)
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
40 Southwell Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.