Are you a forward thinking, innovative and dynamic individual who likes a challenge? Then we want you to come and join our Urology, Trauma & Orthopaedic and Ophthalmology (UTOO) Clinical Business Unit (Surgery Division).
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated, forward thinking and innovative person to come and join the team. The UTOO CBU are a multi-site service with services at Lincoln, Boston, Grantham and Louth. We are a very busy service and provide surgical services to the population of Lincolnshire and beyond.Main duties of the job
There's never been a more exciting time to join United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust (ULHT). The Lincoln Health economy has many unique challenges and with that comes huge opportunities for those who wish to join an innovative Trust that truly believes in the evolution of services for the benefit of our patients.
The Operational Services Manager role sits within the Surgery Division. You will support operational delivery and service planning to ensure the provision of high quality services and achievement of performance objectives. You will lead on delivering programmes delivering continuous service improvements, provide leadership and direction and be instrumental in supporting the development and sustainment of a high performing service.
If you are an ambitious, organised and tenacious individual with the passion for success and wish to be part of a winning team then we would really like you to apply for this great opportunity.
If you require any further information, or would like to discuss the role in more detail, please don't hesitate to contact Sara Anscombe, Clinical Services Manager on 07903595642 or Sara.Anscombe@ulh.nhs.ukAbout us
Our Trust is situated in the beautiful county of Lincolnshire and is one of the biggest acute hospital trusts in England, serving a population of more than 700,000 people. We provide acute and specialist services to people in Lincolnshire and neighbouring counties. We have an annual income of �643 million (20/21) and we employ nearly 8,500 people.
Our Board have recently agreed a new vision statement - Outstanding Care Personally Delivered - stating their ambition for our Trust to be among the best.
We also have a five year Integrated Improvement Plan setting out how we will achieve our strategic objectives, for patients, services, people and partners, the last recognising that our future success depends on our ability to ensure the Lincolnshire healthcare system is successful in achieving its ambition to help people live healthier lives and provide care closer to where people live.
Our latest CQC report increased our ratings for being effective and well-led from 'Requires Improvement' to 'Good'. Our rating for caring remained as 'Good'.
This is in recognition of the huge amount of work that our amazing staff have done to improve the quality of care for our patients in recent years.
We are committed to helping our staff balance their work and home lives and ensure they feel supported, valued and appreciatedJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesWhat should you do next?
Have a look at the job description, and if you like what you see, then apply today. Dont miss this fantastic opportunity to work with a great team in a supportive environment within a great institution. Your NHS needs you!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First degree (BSc or BA) or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of health service management, including change management and workforce redesign.
- Detailed knowledge of the NHS in the acute sector with up to date knowledge of medical/surgical specialities.
- Evidence of CPD and commitment to future career development
- Experience within the Healthcare sector at junior management level
- Proven track record of monitoring healthcare targets (Cancer & Referral to Treatment)
- Experience of delivering service change within an NHS setting
- Experience of managing performance issues
- Well-developed IT skills, particularly word and excel
Knowledge, Skills & AptitudesEssential
- Experience of reporting on complex performance management information
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral
- Evidence of being a team-player but able to stand back when necessary
- Ability to motivate staff
- Ability to present complex data
- Proven influencing skills
- Ability to manage conflict
- Logical thinker with evidence of delivery
- Ability to understand complex financial and clinical data
- Business focused
- Sensitive to clinical and political demands
- Ability to cut through barriers to change
- Track record of delivering to deadlines
- Track record of identifying problems and proposing and implementing solutions
United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS TrustAddress
Lincoln County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.