Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust have opportunities for Registered Nurses to join our team. If you have experience working within an acute setting, no matter the speciality we would love to hear from you!
The Trust covers 3 sites, two acute hospitals in Basingstoke and Winchester and a community hospital in Andover.
If you want to join an organisation that is passionate about patient care, that places people at the heart of all we do and provides training opportunities for you to learn and develop, then HHFT is the place for you.Main duties of the job
The role is a primary function supporting the team for the optimal care of our patients. The delivery of high quality, effective and compassionate health care to the patients of the Hampshire Hospitals Foundation Trust is the most important objective for the organisation.
To support the team in the delivery of the service, this includes:
- High standards of Professional Practice to ensure quality and safety of patient care, experience and the patient journey.
- Developing own clinical practice, knowledge, skills and experience.
- Acting as a good role model.
- Supporting the team in ensuring that clinical services are delivered to a high quality of care and that all compliance requirements such as CQC and contractual requirements are achieved.
- To undertake the comprehensive assessment of patients using investigative and analytical skills where factors may be conflicting, requiring analysis and interpretation skills and the comparisonof a range of options to achieve effective treatment or discharge planning check.
- To develop clinically reasoned treatment, action and discharge plans and to undertake and evaluate treatment.
Our vision is to provide outstanding care for every patient. Patient care is at the heart of what we do at our three sites: Basingstoke and North Hampshire Hospital, Royal Hampshire County Hospital in Winchester and Andover War Memorial Hospital. Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust provides medical and surgical services to a population of approximately 600,000 people across Hampshire and parts of West Berkshire.
Our cultural ambition is to have a culture that places people at the heart of all we do, where we all belong, and where learning, improvement and excellence thrive.
We provide specialist services to people across the UK and internationally. We are one of only two centres in the UK treating pseudomyxoma peritonei (a rare form of abdominal cancer) and we are leaders in the field of tertiary liver cancer and colorectal cancer.
The trust employs more than 9,000 staff and has a turnover of over �500 million a year. As a Foundation Trust, we are directly accountable to our members through the governors. The Council of Governors represent the interests of their constituencies and influence the future plans of the Foundation Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information about this role please see Job Description document attached.
If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us.
We look forward to receiving your application!Person SpecificationTraining & QualificationsEssential
Experience and KnowledgeEssential
- Professional UK registration - NMC
Skills and AbilityEssential
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD) clearly recorded for professional profile
- Completed clinical placements in a variety of areas
- Knowledge of the management of in-patients and outpatients including evidence-based strategies.
- Knowledge and experience of a range of approaches to the management of patients utilising clinical reasoning
- Multidisciplinary team working
- Adherence to current statutory requirements, standards, and regulations
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to communicate written and verbal information in English, keeping legible and accurate notes
- Able to present information, written and orally in a clear and logical manner
- Clinical Skills appropriate to the relevant area
- Ability to cope with working in a stressful and unpredictable environment
- Able to carry out moderate to intense physical effort frequently throughout the working day and to carry out concurrent activities.
- Understanding of Clinical Governance and the implications for clinical services including experience of quality issues and audit.
- Ability to demonstrate the required behaviour in keeping with the Trust values
Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Hampshire County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.