This is an exciting opportunity to deliver Hearing Therapy services for patients with a wide range of specific and/or additional needs. Counselling and supporting patients with impairments including profound hearing loss, tinnitus, dizziness, vertigo and learning disabilities. Due to the specific nature of the service there will be learning and training opportunities dependent on clinical experience.Main duties of the job To manage, assess and implement independently a comprehensive and complex caseload of Hearing Therapy for generic and Adults with tinnitus, vertigo and Adults with Learning Disability (ALDs). To have a highly developed level of clinical expertise and specialist knowledge including individual communication needs for generic and ALDs. To manage and be responsible for the day-to-day management and organisation of the specialist Hearing Therapy service being provided to generic and ALDs. To work autonomously and as part of a team by undertaking all aspects of the service using a high level of clinical skill in all areas of hearing and balance assessment and rehabilitation for adults, including those with special/complex needs and learning disabilities in hospital, community and domiciliary settings. Participating in community and domiciliary work as required. About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We'recommitted to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued, and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.Person SpecificationEducational, Qualification and TrainingEssential
- MSc in Rehabilitative Audiology/ Diploma in Hearing Therapy or equivalent experience of counselling and degree/foundation degree in Audiology
- RCCP Registration or equivalent
- Specialist qualification in Balance Rehabilitation
- Registered member of professional body (British Academy of Audiology).
- Specialist qualification in counselling skills.
- Management qualification
- Certificate to teach lipreading to adults
- 4 years post qualification - minimum
- In depth knowledge of rehabilitation assessment techniques to use within specialism of Adults with Learning Disabilities.
- Assessment & treatment planning for adults with balance disorders
- Assessment & treatment planning for adults with learning disabilities
- Experience of working with generic and Learning Disabilities patients/clients from culturally diverse backgrounds and working through interpreters.
- Ability to manage delivery of complex and specialised services using motivational, problem solving, crisis and change management techniques.
Skills, Abilities and KnowledgeEssential
- Undertakes balance testing and act appropriately on findings
- Experience of teaching lip-reading to adults
- Excellent communication with hearing impaired
- Good IT skills esp. Word & Excel
- Excellent organisation skills
- Teaching skills for a wide range of levels including junior staff & students
- Able to work as a member of a team and autonomously
- Car driver with full license
- High level of Counselling skills
- Proficient with sign language
- Second language
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to travel to other sites
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.