The NNUH is a Maternal Medicine Centre (MMC) in the East of England, and we are currently recruiting for the Band 8a Lead Midwife role to join their dedicated team supported by our multi-disciplinary team and senior clinical leads.
You will be based on the main hospital site at Colney Lane, Norwich, whereby taking the strategic lead. You will design and implement effective streamlined care pathways for pregnant women and birthing people with complex medical conditions across the East of England (EOE) Maternal Medicine Network (MMN) focusing on addressing inequalities in all aspects of care and delivering a patient centred service that showcases our PRIDE values. Full Time - 37.5 hours per week Interview Date - 26th January 2023Main duties of the job
Our values of People Focused, Respect, Integrity, Dedication, and Excellence - PRIDE - are important to us and here is our they relate to our work:
As the Lead Midwife, people are at the heart of what you will do. Our department has 50 obstetric beds (excluding delivery floor), 22 gynaecology beds, and 22 special care cots delivering 5,700 births annually and you will be part of this patient focused service. Leading as part of the local MMC, you will work closely with the other MMC in EOE, to implement innovative strategies on maternity care dedicating on midwifery practice development to deliver care for woman/birthing persons and their families.
Working in partnership with the lead obstetrician and obstetric physician and engagement with EOE MMN, we require you to provide excellence in your communication and teamwork with a personable, approachable, and respectful manner to both individuals of our wider midwifery team and, our partners, patients, and visitors.
The aim of the role is to bring transformational change and create an environment in which clinical engagement flourishes and users' experiences are central to programme delivery. By being the expert in providing professional advice from a midwifery perspective and ensuring cross network integration, experience working in a leadership midwifery role will be greatly appreciated as well as transferrable skills and experience. Representing EoE at a National level is also a key component of this role.About us
Join us at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital and be part of a workforce of over 10,000 staff!
The NNUH is one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, providing first-class acute care for around one million people, living in Norfolk and surrounding areas. We are a teaching and research hospital, at the forefront of innovation, home to state-of-the-art facilities, such as the Quadram Institute. We are pleased to work closely with the University of East Anglia, providing teaching opportunities for our staff and placement opportunities for their students. We attract some of the best and leading professionals from across the country and are proud that our workforce represents 94 countries from across the world.
We are a friendly, collaborative hospital, working with local services and home to N& N Hospitals Charity
We can offer you the full range of NHS benefits/discounts and in addition:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working hours
- Fast Track Staff Physiotherapy Service
- Multi Faith prayer room
- Discounted gym memberships
- Excellent pension scheme and annual leave entitlement
- Wagestream - access up to 40% of your pay as you earn it
- Free Park & Ride service direct to NNUH site
- Free 24-hours confidential counselling support
- On-site Nursery
- On-site cafes offering staff discounts
- Support in career development
- Flexible staff bank
- Salary Sacrifice schemes including lease cars, Cycle to Work scheme and home electronics
Please refer to the attached applicant pack with the job description and person specification for more detailed information. Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Leadership/Strategic Management: To lead the implementation of the midwifery strategy centring upon maternity care across the MMN, liaising with the lead obstetricians, obstetric physician and Band 8a midwife at both MMCs and working closely with the local/regional Maternity Voices Partnerships.
- Clinical: To serve as a primary source of expert and high-quality professional advice from a midwifery perspective. To drive transformational change and ensure cross network integration of general and site-specific specialist midwifery, liaising with the Band 7 midwives in the region and with nurses within other specialist networks. The postholder will be closely involved in the care of the most complex pregnant people.
- Education: To work collaboratively in the development of educational courses that will support new models of education and training of midwifery roles across the MMN. Taking a lead role in local/regional multidisciplinary training and education is expected.
- Research and Audit: Toadvance the development and practice of research and evidence-based midwifery in line with national recommendations and standards. The post holder will monitor and measure performance against the National Service Framework for MMNs, reporting back to the Trust Board, LMNS and Region.
- Registered Midwife with Degree
- Relevant MSc qualification or equivalent level experience.
- Evidence of current clinical experience
- Proven experience at leading substantial organisational change including evidence of innovation and change management
- An excellent capability for developing working partnerships and alliances between individuals, teams and organisations
- Significant experience of mentoring, supervision, teaching and assessment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Effective role model, demonstrating NNUH's PRIDE values of People focussed, Respect, Integrity, Dedication and Excellence
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to Equality, Diversity and inclusion
Norfolk and Norwich University HospitalAddress
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.