Emergency Medicine Directorate Business Support Manager
The Emergency Medicine Management Team are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and highly motivated individual who will work closely with the team to ensure optimum and on-going performance in line with corporate objectives.
The Emergency Medicine Directorate is exciting, fast paced and provides a variety of project and operational work. The directorate covers the following departments: Royal Stoke
Acute Medical Unit
Acute Medical Rapid Assessment Unit
Ambulatory Emergency Care
Short Stay Unit County
Acute Medical Unit
Medical Receiving UnitMain duties of the job
The successful candidate will aid the directorate team in providing cover across all areas of the directorate, and support the improvement of our services. You will support with the day to day running of the directorate and be responsible for operational performance targets of the directorate. The successful candidate will have the ability to manage and prioritise a busy workload whilst working as part of the management team. This is an exciting opportunity and an excellent career choice to gain operational management experience at a senior level.About us
University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust is one of the largest and most modern in the country. Based across two sites, Royal Stoke in Stoke-on-Trent and County Hospital in Stafford, we are proud to serve around three million people and we're highly regarded for our facilities, teaching and research. We are the specialist centre for major trauma for the North Midlands and North Wales.
All of our employees make a valuable contribution regardless of role here at UHNM and we are proud of our wide range of development packages aimed at ensuring that everyone has the opportunity to fulfil their true potential.
UHNM create and encourage a culture of inclusion, providing equal opportunities for career development that are fair and transparent. We are committed to being a diverse and inclusive employer and foster a culture in which all staff feel valued and respected. In return we ask all of our employees to make a commitment to the values, co-created by or staff, patients and carers, and that unite us as a Trust.
At University Hospitals of North Midlands NHS Trust we know that investing in, supporting and developing our staff has a direct impact on the quality of care that we deliver. Our employees are as important as our patients and the population that we serve.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For further information on this vacancy, please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification or contact the Hiring Manager.Person SpecificationEducationEssential
- Educated to Masters Level or equivalent level of experience
Skills & KnowledgeEssential
- Diploma/Degree in Management or health related subject
- Operational management skills
- Diplomacy and ability to deal with difficult situations
- Leadership and team building skills
- Ability to work in a high pressured environment & work to deadlines
- Able to develop strong multi-disciplinary relationships
- Excellent communication skills, oral & written
- Awareness of Trust policies & procedures
- Able to positively influence to ensure effective and efficient delivery of service
- Understanding of the NHS agenda
- Knowledge of the business planning process.
- Knowledge of workforce planning
- 2 years experience of working in an acute Trust (working to degree level) in a management role
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of management of change issues
- Experience in introducing innovative practice
University Hospital of North Midlands NHS TrustAddress
Stoke on Trent
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.