We are recruiting for an Imam - Chaplainwho shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
You will work with and support all service users of all faiths and none.
You will also support, as a specialist, those of the Muslim Faith, leading or facilitating prayers (including Jumu'ah), sharing in the supervision of volunteers, and providing pastoral/ emotional care.
We invite applications from Imams and or people who have significant understanding of Islam, experience of providing pastoral/ emotional care and experience of working with and engaging with the Muslim community.
Previous experience of healthcare chaplaincy and the NHS is preferred.
Our Multi-Faith and Belief Team hold the highest standards for offering compassionate care to all whom we encounter.
We maintain the highest respect for each other's Faith or Belief whilst at the same time remain truly committed to our own mature Faith or Belief
These values, alongside the Trusts overall values, ensure our focus is always to serve those around us.
Our Values are I
espect, and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
We are looking for a highly motivated, knowledgeable, compassionate, and creative person who will be able to provide Spiritual Care for our service users.
Applicants will need to be excellent listeners and communicators, and have a non-judgemental, calm, and compassionate approach to all.
You will be expected to work within the latest NHS Chaplaincy Guideline and the Guidelines of the UKBHC, but not necessarily a registered* member.About us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general & specialist services we provide & our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible & innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation our staff & patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We understand that finding and starting a new job is an important life decision. If you need reasonable adjustments for a disability, or a life event, such as menopause - so that we can consider your application fairly & to get the best out of you during the selection process, please let us know.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. Employees are entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns & we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made & considered formally, & will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
ENHT is seeking to maintain and expand the Mount Vernon Cancer Centre staff as we move to an exciting new future.
We welcome applications from those who would relish the opportunity to be part of new and developing cancer service, building on the excellent reputation, research and patient experience the Cancer Centre already delivers.
In addition, you will receive a High-Cost Area Supplement of15% of your basic salary, subject to a minimum payment of �4,314 and a maximum payment of �5,436 per annum pro rata.
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationQualifications/TrainingEssential
- In good standing and with an Authority of your Islamic faith group
- Education to degree level or equivalent
- Significant experience or significant desire to/of working Ecumenically and of supporting people of any faith and no faith
- At least three years' relevant pastoral experience
- Working in chaplaincy in the NHS
- Counselling qualification
- Experience of teaching other
- Experience of Multi-faith / No faith dialogue
- Proven ability to work as part of an Ecumenical team and to manage own workload.
- Ability to minister compassionately in challenging situations.
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries as per best practice in the NHS
- Ability to assess the spiritual and religious needs of Anglican and non -Anglican patients, and to develop provision in collaboration with the team lead.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Word processing and computer skills
- To work to NHS understandings of confidentiality, in receiving information, assisting and advising local parishes in respect of their pastoral care of parishioners in hospital.
- Knowledge of NHS
- Willingness to learn about a range of religions and belief
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of, and commitment to, equality, diversity and inclusion
- Role model our Trust values every day
- A mature and reflective faith open to the insights of others
- To take part in reflective practice
- Able to travel between sites and attend Out of Hours On -Call at any of the Trust's sites within one hour
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Mount Vernon Cancer Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.