Keen to create opportunities for a wide range of Health Care Professionals
including Nurses, Paramedics and Physios
to working in our Urgent Treatment Centre within the Emergency Department as an autonomous practitioner across 7 days of the week covering a shift pattern.
We strongly believe in outstanding patient care and want to attract like-minded people to help us maintain this supportive and enjoyable place to work. Every day will be different, busy but never dull. You will enjoy working with supportive co-workers, providing an efficient and caring service to our patients.
We are looking for dynamic, motivated, clinically strong candidates with experience in the Emergency Medicine and with an appetite for innovation for change and service improvement. You will be expected to function effectively in a fast paced and constantly changing environment without compromising essential standards of care and professionalism. You will need to be flexible, enthusiastic and passionate about emergency care and minor injuries and illness practice.Main duties of the job
Main duties include:
- Demonstrate as a clinical expert in patient assessment, specifically to minor injuries and minor illnesses
- To provide professional and clinical leadership.
- To lead on the development and implementation of clinical audit and research.
- To act as a primary resource for education and clinical development around minor injuries and illnesses.
- To work collaboratively with the wider Senior ED team.
- To manage and be responsible for the supervision and development of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Provide high capacity, low-intensity brief interventions.
- Independently see, treat and manage patients with minor illnesses and ailments.
- Provide specialist knowledge and advice .
- Maintain records in accordance with the principles of good practice.
- Manage their own workload.
- Working flexibly to suit the needs of the service.
- Deliver effective time management and good organisational skills.
- Ensure effective communication inside the Trust.
- Will participate in joint-working arrangements with organisations.
- Will provide cover for the service when required.
- Will be required to maintain an up-to-date professional level of knowledge with reference to evidence-based practice.
- Will be expected to assist with audits, evaluations and research.
The Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust is one of the UK's biggest and most innovative trusts. Across three main hospitals, our dedicated army of staff care for over 1.6million patients, treat more than 200,000 in A& E, deliver over 8,000 babies and carry out more than 17million tests.
Our size, scale and influence offer you unrivalled career opportunities and a forward-thinking approach to working that works around your lifestyle. From flexible hours and generous benefits, to next level training, we make it easier to take your career to the top
For more information please follow linkhttps://www.royalfreelondonjobs.co.uk/Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for more information about this role and working at Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.
- To provide clear and effective leadership.
- To participate in assessment, planning and delivery of direct patient care across the Emergency Department.
- To be fully accountable and responsible for shift management.
- Independently assess, investigate, diagnose and treat patients in specific client groups.
- Manage see and treat environment safely, ensure safe and effective practice at all times from all key personnel working within that area.
- To work in collaboration with the nursing team and Senior Matron to ensure the delivery of high calibre of evidence based patient care, and to encourage and develop a flexible work force through the efficient use of facilities, manpower and other resources.
- To initiate, promote and maintain high standards of practice within the team in line with departmental requirements.
- To provide clinical expertise both on shift and when representing the department.
- To manage all resources effectively and within budget parameters.
- To actively participate in audit.
- Significant post registration experience within Urgent & Emergency Care (inc. Pre-Hospital Care) and/or Primary Care
- Experience of multidisciplinary working
- Experience of supervising, mentoring, and coaching.
Royal Free World Class ValuesEssential
- Assessment and management of wounds inc. wound closure gluing/sutures
- (IRMER) - Requesting and interpretation of imaging > limbs
- Management of limb fractures inc. plastering
Professional and Educational QualificationsEssential
- Demonstrable ability to meet the Trust Values.
- Registered Healthcare Professional (Nurse, Paramedic, Physio)
- Educated to Degree/DipHE level
- Teaching and Assessing Course
- Recognised Autonomous Practitioner Qualification (Minor Illness/Injuries)
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
Skills and aptitudesEssential
- Independent Prescriber or working towards
- Advanced Assessment Course
- Masters or on a Masters Programme
Personal Qualities & attributesEssential
- Highly motivated and able to motivate/inspire others
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Calm and assertive even when under pressure
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Display high level of personal integrity and has professional approach
- Evidence and commitment to maintaining own fitness to practice through self-management of personal development and specific scope/competencies relating to role
- Ability to negotiate effectively with different disciplines
- Ability to work within tight deadlines
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Awareness of current issues in the NHS relating to urgent and emergency care.
- Understanding of relevant national strategy/policy and how this relates to urgent and emergency care
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- Proven use of evidence-based practice with understanding of critical analysis
- Able to demonstrate knowledge relating to the cohort of patients and presentations relating to urgent care.
Royal Free London NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Royal Free Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.