Suitable for someone who is determined and motivated to drive up safety, and passionate about ensuring people who use services have an excellent experience free from harm and abuse, including abusive practice.
With a demanding workload, the role would suit someone who is resilient and who can effectively manage and support self and others well, deliver organisational change, whilst working through people to ensure the continued delivery of high quality safe services.
Capable of performing to a high standard whilst ensuring you and others with whom you work, experience joy at work.
Commitment to an understanding of diversity and equal opportunity issues and how they translate in practice.Main duties of the job
The post holder will provide professional nursing leadership, strategic direction, supervision and expert consultancy, on all aspects of clinical nursing practice and care of people with mental health issues across the patient pathway. The post holder will support Surrey and Borders Home Treatment Team (HTT), Crisis House (CH), Single Point Access (SPA) and Safe Haven (SH) staff and have a specific remit to develop practices and services. This will involve working across professional and organisational boundaries, collaborating with service users and other professionals including carers, health professionals, social workers, voluntary sector staff and local education providers.About us
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust is the leading provider of health and social care services for people of all ages with mental ill-health and learning disabilities in Surrey and North East Hampshire. We also provide social care services for people with a learning disability in Croydon and ASD and ADHD assessment services in Hampshire.
We actively seek to engage people who use our services and our communities in improving the mental wellbeing of the local population. We work closely with other NHS and voluntary sector organisations who provide services and support people who use services and carers.
Surrey is a beautiful county lying just 30 minutes away from Central London and from the South Coast.
Our historic market towns and bustling districts are enveloped in wonderful countryside, and our excellent road and rail networks bring the rest of the country within easy reach.
For international travel, both Gatwick and Heathrow airports are nearby. Please note that we reserve the right to close posts as soon as sufficient applications are received. Working from home contracts do not attract high cost area payments.
We look forward to receiving your application!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the job description document for more detailed information on the requirements for this job.Person SpecificationEssential and desirableEssential
- NMC Registration
- Master's degree or equivalent in a nursing related subject
- Teaching qualification eg ENB998, or City and Guilds 730
- Quality improvement methodology skills
- Professional Nurse Advocacy qualification
- Extensive successful experience in Senior Nurse role (Band 8b or above) or equivalent managerial role at a senior level within the NHS (Band 8b or above)
- Significant experience of working within Community and inpatients mental health settings, community settings and specialist pathways.
- Successful delivery of quality improvement initiatives.
- Evidence of managing clinical risk, assessment and case formulation of complex patients.
- Nurse leadership including knowledge and skills regarding revalidation.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Expertise in research methodology and evidence-based practice and implementation.
- Detailed working knowledge of NHS practices, developing new policies across service and experience of implementing these.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
18 Mole Business Park
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.