A Band 6 opportunity has become available within the Newton Abbot Community Nursing Team for an enthusiastic individual who is able to demonstrate the ability to deliver high standards of care to people in their own homes and local community.
As an experienced and motivated RN with passion and commitment, you will hold patient experience and care at the heart of your nursing practice. Clinical skills competence is expected. Previous community experience is desirable, as is your willingness to develop leadership and management skills and shape care within our service.
In response to the Trusts new model of care promoting care closer to home we work closely with our Intermediate care and social care colleagues to provide an integrated approach to care delivery in the community setting.
The role requires Community Nursing team and caseload oversight, assessing, planning, delivering and developing robust, clinically effective care.
If making a difference is fundamental to you and you thrive on developing others then we would love to see your application
You will be expected to work flexibly between the hours of 7am and 7pm, 7 days a week, including weekends (usually one a month) and bank holidays, to meet the needs of the Service. You may be expected to work across both the Newton Abbot, Bovey Tracey and Chudleigh area.
For more information please contact Stacey Tranter Community Nurse Team Lead on 07557572249 or via email email@example.comMain duties of the job
- To be accountable to the Community Nurse Team Manager in carrying out duties as a Community Nursing Team Lead
- To take an active part in the community nursing team development and objectives. In managing the patient/client caseload, to oversee and delegate appropriately to other team members
- Responsible for the clinical care of patients on the caseload when on duty, to maintain appropriate clinical workload
- To support the Community Nurse Lead, in the implementation of new services in line with national and local health policies to meet the needs of the local population
- Responsible for assessing, developing, and implementing specialised programmes of care for clients on the Community Nursing caseload
- Has no budgetary control but has an awareness of the effective use of resources
Newton Abbot Community Nurse team is currently based across two locations, Sherbourne House in Newton Abbot and Tower House Surgery in Chudleigh. We cover a large geographical patch covering the practice population of nine GP surgeries.
A busy but friendly and supportive team we are committed to staff development through education and training helping staff realise their potential in topics of interest to them and encouraging career pathways in Community Nursing.
We pride ourselves on delivering high standards of care and building relationships within the communities we are part of. We are actively working to a more integrated approach to care delivery and work closely with our Intermediate Care, Social care and voluntary care sector colleagues to achieve this.
https://torbayandsouthdevon.pagetiger.com/utc-newton-abbot/1Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualified Registered Nurse
- Bsc (hons) in Community Health Nursing (District) or equivalent or working towards
- Nurse Prescriber V100/V150 requirements
- V300 Independent/Supplementary Prescriber
- Proven experience in leadership skills
- Proven relevant I.T. knowledge and experience
- Able to work as an autonomous practitioner
- Evidence of on -going training and development
- Holistic client assessment using an identified model of care
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Risk assessments
- Health and Safety issues
- Awareness of budget management skills
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.