An exciting opportunity has arisen for an inspirational, passionate, dynamic and innovative senior nurse to join our fantastic team as Matron for Cardiovascular Medicine within Integrated Medicine. This will incorporate the following services:
Coronary Care Unit
Cardiac Day Unit and Cath Lab
As well as being accountable for the above services, this role will work alongside the wider Cardiovascular Medicine team.
We are looking for an exceptional individual who is passionate about leading the team to deliver safe, effective clinical care to patients thus making a positive difference to the patient's experience. As Matron you will ensure that all services are delivered in line with agreed performance, financial and government objectives whilst ensuring the workforce are professionally led and managed in order to develop a highly motivated and empowered teams.
This is a key role to help us develop our future services as care moves close to the patient in their community and as acute and specialty services are further developed. Clinical leadership is central to our future models of care and redesign of clinical care pathways. If you can rise to this challenge, then we want to hear from you.
Applications are welcome from Registered Nurses with the relevant experience in cardiology for the post of Matron for Cardiovascular Medicine.
This is a permanent full time post, working 37.5 hours per week.Main duties of the job
This position sits within Cardiovascular Medicine covering the following services:
- Cardiac day unit/ Cath lab
- Heart Failure
- Cardiac Rehab
The Matron is part of the leadership team within the directorate, and we are looking to recruit a motivated and experienced leader who can bring enthusiasm and energy to the role.
The Matron is a core member of the Divisional team responsible for the delivery of the aims and objectives for patient safety, quality, and experience across the Division.About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! - https://bit.ly/3DNEQfD What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our CARE values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS& TRAININGEssential
- Registered Nurse
- Relevant Degree or equivalent
- Evidence of further professional, academic, business or management study
- Relevant Masters or Equivalent
- Post-registration clinical course
- Certification or qualification in Teaching
- Experience at Senior Nurse/Midwife level e.g. specialist nurse or ward/team management
- Proven experience evidence of successful operational and budget management
- Proven experience in the implementation and monitoring of quality improvement
- Demonstrable experience of improving patient experience
- Demonstrable experience of improving patient safety
- Experience with working within a cardiology service
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary Nursing and Midwifery workforce changes
- Has excellent standard of written and verbal communication skills
- Has excellent interpersonal skills able to build good working relationships with staff and patents
- Evidence of being able to successfully collaborate with multidisciplinary team
- Is well organised and able to prioritise own workload effectively, delivering to deadlines
- Able to confidently use a range of software to communicate and present (e.g. Office functions)
- Has experience of successfully leading teams
- Has experience of managing change and understands the principles of successful change management
- Has experience of external collaborative working and understanding of the challenges of providing seamless patient care
- Demonstrates positive and confident nature
- Has supportive and empathetic approach to both patients and staff
- Able to manage self and others during tension or conflict
- Has mature outlook and is able to deal with issues in a confidential non- judgmental way
- Able to accept and act on constructive advice
- Is conversant with best practice people management methods
- Is self-motivated and able to motivate others
- Able to successfully negotiate with and influence others
- Can step back to see the 'bigger picture'
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Able to travel to other sites and off site as necessary
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
Queen Alexandra Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.