Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust is recognised as one of the leading hospitals in the country for providing high quality services and delivery against key performance targets. The Foundation Trust is expanding its role as a Teaching Trust and as a provider of specialist services.Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will play a significant part in supporting the Financial Accounts team in the Treasury management and Payables function.
You should have experience of working in a busy finance office environment and will possess excellent communication and organisational skills and a real commitment to excellent service delivery. You must be capable of working to tight deadlines whilst ensuring consistency and accuracy, able to prioritise workloads and be able to work on your own initiative as well as under supervision. An enthusiastic and energetic approach to work along with an acceptance of work flexibility and continuously changing working practices is essential.About us
At Bradford Teaching Hospitals we're passionate about providing outstanding care for the people of the Bradford district and communities across the North of England. We're keen to meet people interested in sharing our passion and helping us continue to deliver the highest quality of care to our patients.
We're a renowned teaching hospital trust at the forefront of research, education and development, with a state-of-the-art simulation and skills training centre on site.
In short, we can help you lift your career to the next level. We've received huge investment to improve patient care which means we have truly world-class facilities including a brand-new neonatal suite, state-of-the-art intensive care unit, a newly refurbished A& E department, new children's unit and a welcoming, modern atrium and reception area for staff and visitors.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached for the job description document for this post for further details in regards to the main responsibilities of the role.Person SpecificationExperienceEssential
- Minimum of 2 years relevant NHS management experience.
- Experience of managing finance teams
- Experience of motivating and mentoring of staff
- Experience with Oracle Financial Ledger and working with SBS
- Experience of developing financial performance reporting systems and of monitoring financial performance.
- Specialist knowledge and experience of cash management systems including the interpretation and application of national guidance.
- Significant experience of agreement of balance exercise.
- Advance Microsoft excel user
- Experience of devising and providing finance training programs for finance and non finance staff.
- Knowledge of NHS VAT legislation
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of NHS Financial policy and procedure.
- Experience of performing complex financial reconciliations.
- Knowledge of UK Accounting Standards and International Accounting Standards.
- Experience of NHS annual accounts process
- Progression towards a CCAB professional accountancy qualification, evidence of further education in relevant discipline or a minimum of 3 years relevant financial experience.
- Evidence of continued professional development and seeking opportunities to enhance skills.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Full CCAB accountancy qualification
- Advanced ECDL (European Computer Driving License) or equivalent.
Bradford Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Bradford Royal Infirmary
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.