About the role
You will form part of a dynamic and skilled multi-disciplinary group of professionals who undertake assessments and provide support to people with mental health needs across the three Core Teams in Camden. About you
Must be a qualified Social Worker with a minimum of 2 years post - qualifying experience and be registered with Social Work England. Required to undertake Post Qualifying Courses when relevant.
You will be strongly informed by strengths-based practice principles which promote individual wellbeing and independence for those we work with in our Camden community.
You will be a creative and reflective practitioner, able to adapt to dynamic situations and contribute towards a collaborative working environment and confident assessing and planning care for individuals with a range of mental health needs.
You will support service users to enhance their community participation by assisting them to access community and social care resources.
The role requires a working knowledge of, and experience in mental health services including familiarity with the support options, interventions, legislation and resources for those with mental ill health. You must have a keen interest in working with mental health and be professionally curious about the area of work Work Environment:
The job is office based, with options for remote working and home visits, as per service need.Main duties of the job
You will be required to take a flexible approach to care planning to ensure the best outcomes for our clients and will be expected to take a lead on Safeguarding activities and other Care Act related tasks within the service.
You will be part of a weekly social work intake rota, dealing with concerns and enquiries raised by partner agencies including the police, housing and the council's Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub
You will work closely with GP practices aligned to the Core Team neighbourhoods, as well as our voluntary sector colleagues who offer peer coaching and social prescribing opportunities to our clients.
You will contribute to a culture of shared learning and development within the team and will have the opportunity to develop and further embed strengths-based practice principles.About us
We're keen to recruit someone with the right values and behaviours who can help us deliver our Trust priorities.
If you have the right values for the Camden & Islington NHS Foundation Trust you will be supported by a programme of continuous training and development. The position offers opportunities to get involved in Quality Improvement projects and to become champion/lead in a specific area relevant to the role.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- The successful candidate will hold a caseload of adults with complex mental health issues.
-You will carry out Care Act Assessments and reviews and provide interventions depending on needs
-You will act as a S42 Safeguarding Enquiry Officer
- You will liaise with both health and social care providers in order to meet the needs of our service users
- You will support patients to access community resources which help promote independence and reduce social isolation
- You will participate in our multidisciplinary team meetingsPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Qualified social worker registered with Social Work England
- Evidence of further post-registration relevant training /ongoing academic study relevant to area of practice
Knowledge / ExperienceEssential
- Approved Mental Health Professional (AMHP)
- Demonstrable experience in a senior specialist capacity caring for people with mental health or substance misuse issues in a community care or inpatient setting.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of the needs and difficulties of people with complex mental health and/or substance misuse problems
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the Mental Health legislation or legislation relevant to substance misuse services, its application and use in practice.
Skills / AbilitiesEssential
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing service user placement budgets and or clinical budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work autonomously and to deputise for senior staff in a variety of roles when required to do so.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstrable skill of implementing change processes .
Camden and Islington NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.