University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS Foundation Trust covers a large geographic area which encompasses the Furness peninsula, the city of Lancaster and the Lake District. We provide a comprehensive range of acute and support hospital services to a population of 350,000 based around Morecambe Bay. One of the largest employers in the area, we have approximately 6,000 staff working across five sites Furness General Hospital (Barrow in Furness), Royal Lancaster Infirmary, Westmorland General Hospital (Kendal), Ulverston Community Health Centre and Queen Victoria Centre (Morecambe). By joining us you will be part of a progressive team committed to diversity, excellence and achievement.
You will have excellent communication skills and will thrive from working in a fast-paced environment to support excellence in patient care.Main duties of the job
Applications are invited from enthusiastic, well-motivated Pharmacists, to join our Pharmacy team at Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow. Full time, part time and flexible hours in addition to a current role are available. We welcome applicants from newly qualified/less experienced Pharmacists who would start with us as a Band 6 then progress to a Band 7 within 6 months if all training competencies are met.
Clinical Diploma is not essential, but we ask applicants to be willing to complete in the future.
This role will be integral to providing specialist clinical pharmacy service to admission, medical and surgical wards, ensuring high quality, safe, effective, legal and accurate use of medicines within each speciality.Support, train and supervise newly qualified pharmacist and trainee pharmacists.
The UHMB pharmacy department looks to the future and has rolled out electronic prescribing for inpatients across all specialities on all sites. We have a fully electronic patient record.About us
We operate from three main hospitals - Furness General Hospital (FGH) in Barrow, the Royal Lancaster Infirmary (RLI), and Westmorland General Hospital (WGH) in Kendal, as well as a number of community healthcare premises including Millom Hospital and GP Practice, Queen Victoria Hospital in Morecambe, and Ulverston Community Health Centre.
FGH and the RLI have a range of General Hospital services, with full Emergency Departments, Critical/Coronary Care units and various Consultant-led services.
WGH provides a range of General Hospital services, together with an Urgent Treatment Centre, that can help with a range of non-life threatening conditions such as broken bones and minor illnesses.
All three main hospitals provide a range of planned care including outpatients, diagnostics, therapies, day case and inpatient surgery. In addition, a range of local outreach services and diagnostics are provided from community facilities across Morecambe Bay.
Our community services for adults are provided in people's homes, community centres, clinics, GP Practices, community hospitals and our main hospitals. Our aim is to work with people to help them remain independent, improve their health and manage their conditions through high quality care, advice and support.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To read more information about the advertised role, and the main job duties/responsibilities please open the Job Description and Person Specification located under the supporting documents heading. You can also read more information about University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay visiting our website https://www.uhmb.nhs.uk/Person SpecificationEducation and qualificationsEssential
- Masters degree in Pharmacy or equivalent
- Registration with the General Pharmaceutical Council
- Postgraduate diploma in clinical pharmacy (or working towards)
- Experience of liaising with other healthcare professionals e.g. consultants, GPs
- Acute hospital experience post registration
Skills, ability and knowledgeEssential
- Experience of working on projects
- Experience working with paediatrics
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good verbal communication and counselling skills with ill patients and relatives
- Clinical knowledge of current therapeutics and practice
- Organisation and prioritisation of clinical work
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience of using Microsoft Office
- Problem solving and risk assessment
- Time Management skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills for dealing with challenging situations involving patients, e.g. resistance to medication change
- Experience of using Electronic Prescribing
- Experience of training pharmacy/other staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Team player and ability to work on own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivation for career and professional development
- Commitment to Personal Development planning
- Flexible, adaptable approach
- Ability to comply with Trust Policies
- Ability to meet the physical and mental requirements of the post
University Hospitals of Morecambe Bay NHS TrustAddress
Pharmacy, Furness General Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.