If you would like to join our Neuro Rehab team, why not be bold and apply now. We would love to hear from you, if you are at the beginning of your career, midway or looking for a change.
Working as a registered Nurse within our team you will have the opportunity to work with a range of supportive colleagues and the whole multidisciplinary team. Our innovative approaches to care based on our quality improvement programme means that medicine remains varied, no two days are the same which enable you to develop your leadership skills and respond to change.
The Devonshire is a 15 bedded Neuro Rehab unit . The ward is a small friendly team, which will provide you with supervision and support, as well as give you opportunities to develop professionally in your career as a nurse. You will be encouraged to attend various training, as well as conferences to further enhance your knowledge base.
Additional contact information
For more information contact email@example.com
For an informal chat, to arrange a tour of the hospital or wardMain duties of the job
- To provide high quality effective individualised care to all patients that is compassionate and caring
- To assess care needs and develop, implement and evaluate without supervision
- To keep up to date with skills and knowledge
- To comply with NMC professional registration and keep up to date with current nursing practices
- Be proficient in the delivery of care to patients
- Ensure safe administration of drugs in accordance to NMC and local policies
- Ensure accurate records are kept in accordance to Stockport NHS Foundation Trust Policy and NMC guidelines
- Carry out nursing procedures and techniques in accordance with agreed policies and standards
- Undertake regular mandatory training
We hold a unique position in the Stockport community as the provider of healthcare and we are one of its largest employers.
Our mission is to make a difference every day. Our values are that we care, we respect, and we listen
We believe that the best organisations are those that reflect the communities they serve. We are therefore seeking to improve the diversity of our workforce to make it truly representative of our local population.
We actively encourage applications irrespective of race, age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage & civil partnership, or pregnancy or maternity. Recognising those communities that are underrepresented within our workforce, we would particularly welcome applications from you.
We recognise that flexible working is important. We take requests for flexible working seriously, consider any request we receive and try to work with you, so we can explore if your request may fit with the needs of the service.
The salary for the role is only one part of the excellent package of benefits we offer to you:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesMain Duties and Responsibilities
- Between 27-33 days of annual leave plus bank holidays
- NHS pension scheme membership
- Salary sacrifice schemes for lease cars, home electronics and more, to make your salary go further
- NHS Staff discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary finance - for loans, savings, budget planning and tips on managing debt
- Stockport Credit Union- for local financial advice
The post holder will be responsible for effectively delivering skilled nursing care to patients using a systemic approach of assessing planning, implementing and evaluating to ensure a high standard of care. The post holder will assist in the admission and discharge processes for patients in line with local procedures.They will provide support with the effective patient admission pathways and effective discharge planning using their clinical skills to agree admissions and manage/report any impact on shifts/ workload and staffing levels.They will proactively engage with patients, relatives and carers to seek their views, gain agreement and keep them informed about their treatment and care. They will demonstrate compassion by recognising and responding to individual needs in a warm, thoughtful, sensitive and helpful way.Maintain registration, and nursing competencies, and comply with NMC code of Professional Conduct and related documents.To be flexible to work within other areas or departments to meet the demands of the trust workforce model and changing service needs.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and promote safeguarding by implementing the Trusts policies and procedures, acting promptly on concerns, communicating effectively and sharing information appropriately.
If successful this vacancy will require an enhanced DBS check at a cost of �41.90. This cost will be deducted from your first Trust salary
In addition to this it will be a condition of your employment that you will join the DBS update service and pay the annual subscription fee of �13.Person SpecificationKnowledgeEssential
Skills and AbilitiesEssential
- Evidence of CPD, Revalidation, Computer literacy
Education and QualificationsEssential
- Effective time management, ability to work under pressure, Resource management, ability to work effectively in a team, ability to use own initiative, problem solving, motivation, ability to adapt and cope with change
- First level registration current, relevant post registration courses relevant to current post area
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of supervising others, experience of working in clinical area and experience in delivering patient care
Stockport NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Devonshire Neuro Rehab unit Stepping hill hospital
Cherry Tree lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.