Here in Reading CMHT we invest heavily into the development, training, and support of our entire workforce, which means that we welcome applications of an experienced Band 6 Mental Health Professional looking for a career within a busy Community Mental Health Team.
We understand that supporting, developing, and nurturing our staff leads to outstanding patient care. We have a variety of opportunities to help you develop both your skills and your career, introduce, and implement innovations within your service and make a true difference to the lives of our service users.
Our service operates five days a week, not including bank holidays and is offering full, part time and hybrid flexible working opportunities.Main duties of the job
Are you passionate about making a difference and enjoy working as part of a larger team? Are you eager to use your clinical skills to provide excellent care and progress your career?
Applicants will need to be enthusiastic and able to work flexibly and reliably to contribute to the delivery of outstanding care to our patients.
As a Senior Mental Health Practitioner, you will have responsibility for the line management of students and junior staff, undertaking their annual appraisals, PDP's and proactively supporting their development review cycle.
You should have the ability to think calmly and logically under pressure and have a positive attitude to maintaining high standards of work at all times and be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills. You will be quick to learn, be able to work as part of a team but also posses the ability to work unsupervised, using your own initiative.
Accuracy and attention to details is essential for this post with a good level of competency in using Microsoft applications. Strong organizational skills are essential.About us
Berkshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust isa specialist mental health and community health services trust. Rated 'outstanding' by the CQC, we're committed to providing the best possible care to people across Berkshire.
We value diversity and are proud to be a Stonewall Top 100 Employer.We work hard to create an inclusive environment where you'll be supported by friendly and professional colleagues to flourish.
Our values at Berkshire Healthcare:
- Caring for and about you is our top priority
- Committed to providing good quality, safe services
- Working Together with you to develop innovative solutions
We welcome people who share these values to come and work for us.
Benefits of working for us include:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Flexible working options to support work-life balance.
- 27 days' annual leave rising with service + opportunity to buy and sell
- Generous NHS pension scheme
- Excellent learning and career development opportunities
- 'Cycle to Work' and car leasing scheme
- Access to a range of wellbeing tools and services
- Discounts at hundreds of popular retailers and restaurants
- Staff networks for race, diversity, disabilities and armed forces community to support equality
- Generous maternity, paternity, adoption and special leave.
- Free parking across Trust sites
The must haves for this role: Qualified Psychiatric Nurse, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist with +2 years post registration experience preferred. Promote, monitor and maintain best practice in health, safety and security. Ability to form positive therapeutic relationships with service users, carers, and other professional bodies. Ability to use technology to underpin professional practice.
If youre someone who shares our passion for excellence and care, join us and lets be outstanding together.
We welcome a conversation about flexibility and any other questions you may have. Please dont hesitate to call: Marnie Robinson on 0118 9605612 or email: email@example.com wholl be delighted to help.
We are committed to equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community, regardless of any protected characteristics. Reasonable adjustments will be made for disabled applicants where required.Person SpecificationEducation/Qualifications/TrainingEssential
Continuous Professional DevelopmentEssential
- Qualified Psychiatric Nurse, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist with +2-year post registration experienced preferred.
- Competent IT skills and the ability to navigate around various systems and software packages (such as MS Outlook, MS Office, MS TEAMs and the internet)
- Excellent verbal and written skills including the ability to develop and maintain communication with people about difficult matters and/or in difficult situation
- Ability to form positive therapeutic relationship with service users, carers, and other professional bodies
- Ability to use technology to underpin professional practice
- Ability to provide written clinical report autonomously
- Negotiation skills when dealing with contentious situation
- Develop oneself and others in areas of practice
- Promote, monitor, and maintain best practice in health, safety, and security
- Appraise, interpret, and apply suggestions, recommendation, and directive to improve services
- Contribute to improving quality
- Support equality and value diversity
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate programmes to promote health and wellbeing and prevent adverse effects on health and wellbeing
- Promote health and wellbeing and prevent adverse effects on health and wellbeing through contributing to the development, implementation, and evaluation of related policies
- Input, store and provide data and information. Gather, analyse, and report a limited range of data and information
- Promote, monitor, and maintain best practice in health, safety, and security
- Previous knowledge and experience of working in the community and with service users who have complex mental health needs.
- Knowledge and experience of applying evidence-based strategies and psycho-social interventions to effectively engage with service users and their carers.
- Experience of formulating risk assessments.
- Experience of working with mental health services (or able to demonstrate transferable skills).
- Experience of working effectively in a multi-disciplinary team and multi-agency environment
Knowledge, Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of clinically supervising junior and unqualified staff and mentoring students.
- Specialist knowledge acquired through training in a specialised discipline.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the health and social care systems and operating frameworks, clinical observations and the Mental Health Act
- A clear understanding of complex needs support issues such as homelessness, substance misuse and offending.
- Knowledge of safeguarding protocols.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to deal with challenging individuals.
- Effective and competent interpersonal, influencing, communication, observation, and reporting skills
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to analyse situations and be able to make the right decisions.
- Able to empathise, be supportive and sensitive to the needs of others as well as being able to cope with distressing circumstances.
- Ability to cope in pressurised environment and apply practical problem-solving skills in everyday situations.
- Ability to manage risk.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain clear boundaries.
- Demonstration of an ability to have flexibility in their coping style and an awareness to see problems from a different perspective.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, work on own initiative, work unsupervised and manage own workload.
Additional RequirementsEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Demonstration of Psychological awareness of others strengths and weaknesses.
Berkshire Healthcare Foundation TrustAddress
CMHT Reading, Prospect Park Hospital
Honey End Lane
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.