(Band 6 during Training phase - progressing to Band 8A)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and motivated GI nurse to undergo training as a Nurse Endoscopist working within the Endoscopy Department at Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust. The Endoscopy Department is a JAG accredited unit which also incorporates the East Midlands Endoscopy Training Centre. The Training Centre is highly respected in the delivery of JAG accredited courses, both nationally and locally.
The post requires a competent and skilled GI nurse to perform Upper & Lower Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Procedure on regular designated endoscopy training lists. The post holder will receive internal and external training and assessment in accordance with JAG and Trust guidelines.
If you have the skills and the qualifications to fulfil this post, you will be well supported in your professional development working closely with the senior Nurse Endoscopists and other clinical specialists within the department. You will join a high functioning team of Nurse Endoscopists who are committed to mentoring and coaching. You will maintain a structured theoretical portfolio, with regular assessments alongside your clinical developmentMain duties of the job
To see the full detailed job description and main responsibilities of the job please refer the job description attachedAbout us
Thank you for your interest in this role.
Sherwood is nationally recognised as being an excellent place to work and deliver care. We are rightly proud of the 5,500 colleagues who work here and we are the Health Service Journal's Trust of the Year in 2020.
The Care Quality Commission rated King's Mill Hospital Outstanding and Newark, and Mansfield Community Hospitals Good. Overall we are rated Outstanding for care.
For the last three years, we have been ranked as the best NHS Trust to work for in the Midlands and in 2020 we were the third best Acute/Community NHS Trust in England.
Happy colleagues deliver better care. Our teams work in a supportive, inclusive environment, which nurtures wellbeing and has opportunities for development and progression. We do not just care for our patients, wealso care for you.
We would love you to join us.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
To see the full detailed job description and main responsibilities of the job please refer the job description attachedPerson SpecificationKnowledge RequirementsEssential
Qualifications- Academic/ Craft/ ProfessionalEssential
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Specialist knowledge and expertise in Endoscopy nursing.
- Good computer skills. Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Physically able to perform the requirements of the role utilising excellent hand, eye and sensory skills plus physical skills where accuracy is required e.g. performing Endoscopic procedures, administration of intra-venous drugs, taking biopsies
- Able to establish and maintain relationships within the healthcare team.
- Able to negotiate, persuade, motivate and reassure others
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team
- Ability to work across professional boundaries
- Current NMC registration
- 1st level degree or equivalent in health/nursing related studies or equivalent experience
- Commitment to clinical development/ongoing education
- Masters degree or working towards
- Teaching & Assessing qualification
- Immediate life support training
- Non-Medical Prescribing
- Evidence of post-basic Endoscopy education.
- Minimum of 3 years' post registration experience
- Proven decision-making skills at senior level
- Demonstrates ability to prioritise work according to changing or emergency situations.
- Demonstrate professionalism and patient advocacy
- Demonstrates a passion for clinical care
- May manage consumables/equipment relating to specialist area of practice. Frequent handling of expensive equipment
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Continued professional development
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- The post holder must have regular access to transport to meet the demands of the role
- DBS clearance
- Flexible and adaptable to service needs including working evenings and weekends
Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
King's Mill Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.