An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Tameside Care Hub as the Acute Service Manager , the post is responsible for the senior operational management and leadership for the Adult Acute In-patient services and community crisis team.
You will be joining an amazing senior team who are striving for excellence within the care hub.
This is a challenging and rewarding role which enables you to contribute to the development of the Acute and Crisis Care Pathways both in the care hub and across the trust.
This role requires a commitment to working alongside service users and carers as well as staff to ensure their views and opinions are at the centre of any services we offer and any service developments. Main duties of the job
To provide day-to-day operational management and leadership of Clinical Services within the Acute and Crisis care pathway within the care hub.
To ensure that services are safe, efficient and effective 24 hour/7days per week by providing structure in operations and expertise in clinical management, this will involve inclusion in the senior management on call rota.
To be part of the Care hub Operational Management Team providing leadership and direction in the development and implementation of Clinical Governance structures, Clinical Care Pathways and assisting the Associate Director of Operations in ensuring high performing and quality care services are delivered.About us
We are proud to provide high quality mental health and learning disability services, both inpatient and in the community across five boroughs of Greater Manchester - Bury, Oldham, Rochdale, Stockport and Tameside and Glossop.
Our vision is for a happier and more hopeful life for everyone in our communities and our staff work hard to deliver the very best care for the people who use our services. Were really proud of our #PennineCarePeople
and do everything we can to make sure were a great place to work.
All individuals regardless of race, age, disability, ethnicity, nationality, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnership are encouraged to apply for this post. We would also encourage applications from individuals with a lived experience of mental illness, either individually or as a carer.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For full details on role and responsibilities lease refer to the attached Job description and Person specification.Person SpecificationAttributeEssential
- A relevant health or social care qualification at degree level or equivalent
- A recorded license to practice
- Proven recent experience in an inpatient ward
- A post graduate qualification or equivalent
- Operational Management Role
- Satisfactory record of Continuing Professional Development
- A postgraduate qualification relevant to Forensic/Rehabilitation Services
- Experience of working in Low Secure and/or Step Down Services
- Significant track record of employment at a senior operational level delivering services
- Considerable experience in operational leadership roles
- Evidence of leading service change
- Experience of working in partnerships with other organisations to deliver servicesservcies
- Experience of managing financial resources at a senior level
- Experienced appraiser and supervisor of staff
- Experience as a practising professional in mental health environments
- Experience of working to objectives and meeting deadlines
- Evidence of the ability to report on audit/research findings in the form of written presentation/author of publications
- Experience in developing and managing change initiatives
- Experience of effective chairmanship of meetings, allocating roles and action planning
- Experience in both management and clinical supervision of staff
- Experience and a commitment to strategic service development
- Lecturing/teaching experience in area relevant to service and the ability to develop staff and lead a programme of teaching
Skillss and AbilitiesEssential
- Up-to-date knowledge of current trends in research and evidence based practice relating to therapeutic interventions within Forensic Rehabilitation Services
- An up-to-date knowledge of national mental health policy, the NHS Plan, the National Nursing Strategy and have a working knowledge of the National Service framework for Mental Health
- Able to demonstrate an in depth understanding of Clinical Governance requirements and the ability to implement and evaluate systems of governance
Work Related CircumstancesEssential
- Highly developed communication skills
- Accountable for all inpatient staff and for providing first line management to the Unit Managers within the Rehabilitation inpatients units
- Ability to display effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to assist in the management of budgets and resources effectively
- Able to be innovative, creative and think through issues and problems not dealt with before to a conclusion
- Ability to use persuading and influencing skills to bring about behavioural change and achieve desired results / outcomes as necessary.
- Ability to analyse complex problems, and able to develop business models to investigate a number of options / solutions and their viability, evaluating risk against a shifting background.
- Ability to manage complex partnerships involving various stakeholders e.g. health and police.
- Effective presentation, communication and interpersonal skills and ability to apply these effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Able to use new technologies in improving services, and modernising working processes
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Accountable for the smooth operation of Clinical Services
- Willing to carry out all duties and responsibilities of the post in accordance with the Trust's Equal Opportunities and Equality and Diversity policies
- Undertake on call duties as per on-call rota
- Use of a car or access to a means of mobility to travel across the Trust footprint in line with service needs
Pennine Care NHS FTAddress
Tameside General Hospital - Buckton building
Ashton Under Lyne
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.