Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust is an integrated care organisation which aims to provide high quality, safe and effective health and social care.
Our vision is a community where we are all supported and empowered to be as well and as independent as possible, able to manage our own health and wellbeing, and in our own homes.
We have an exciting opportunity available within our Intermediate Care and Community Therapy Team. We are looking for a Band 6 Physiotherapist with experience or a Band 5 Physiotherapist looking for career progression. No on call required either.
We are looking forward to meeting you...Join us, you'll love it.
UTC Newton Abbot - 1 (pagetiger.com)Main duties of the job
- The Intermediate Care Service facilitates crisis management in the community, prevention of hospital admissions, quicker discharge from hospital and supports people to remain as independent as possible at home.
- Patients are seen within the most appropriate setting at home and in intermediate care placements in residential care homes. The team works in a truly integrated way, with nurses, social workers, occupational therapists, pharmacist, dietician and a paramedic.
- The Community Therapy service enables therapists to work autonomously, managing their own caseload. Types of referrals vary, with a chance to develop complex case management of a wide variety of conditions.
- The post holder will be well supported by senior staff, as well as by the wider multi-disciplinary team, which will include medical support.
There will be opportunities to supervise band 5 Physiotherapists, support workers and students.
There are excellent CPD training opportunities, including Physiotherapy peer support groups, training from the South Devon Health Services training and development team, Clinical Interest Groups and peer support.
Why work with us -Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust is an integrated organisation which aims to provide high quality, safe health and social care at the right time, in the right place to support the people of Torbay and South Devon to live their lives to the full.
The physiotherapy service is integral to ensuring that this statement of purpose is delivered to our communities. For staff this gives unequalled scope for joint working, skill sharing and learning in a supportive environment.
UTC Newton Abbot - 1 (pagetiger.com)Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Full Vacancy details can be found on the attached Job Description/Person Specification. Please refer to your suitability to the post in your supporting information from the role requirements or person specification.Person SpecificationQualifications and TrainingEssential
- Diploma/degree in physiotherapy
- State registration - current HCPC certificate
- Evidence of CPD maintained in a portfolio, including attendance at recent Postgraduate courses relevant to the clinical field
- Experience within the NHS including experience as a junior in a broad rotational post covering a range of experience in orthopaedics, elderly care, medical, surgical, neurological and musculoskeletal conditions
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Post graduate training/experience in rehabilitation and elderly care
- Working knowledge of a broad range of musculoskeletal, neurological and medical conditions common in the elderly
- Competent IT skills
- Knowledge of the relevant NSFs and clinical guidelines
- Skills and experience in rehabilitation of amputee patients
- Skills and experience in respiratory physiotherapy
- Experience of primary care rehabilitation
- Knowledge of the safeguarding adults process
- Experience of working as part of a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience supervising student physiotherapists or physiotherapy assistant/technical instructors/support workers.
- Some experience working with a biopsychosocial approach to assessment and treatment
- Experience of working in inpatient, outpatient and community settings.
- An understanding of Clinical Governance and its implications for services, including experience of quality issues and participation in research and audit
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge and understanding of complex legislation surrounding health and adult social care.
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Newton Abbot Health and Social Care
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.