We are looking to appoint an Faster Cancer Diagnosis Project Coordinator who will support the Cancer Service Manager and Cancer Performance Manager with the 28-day Faster diagnosis standard project. Supporting teams with areas for improvement, provide data for service delivery and submissions this will include working with imaging, pathology and endoscopy on turnaround times.
The main duties of this job description are explained, however, these will continue to evolve to meet the needs of Cancer Services.Main duties of the job
Ensure relevant clinical and management teams have oversight of local cancer data and national reporting and outcome data, working closely with the Clinical and Cancer Teams for both Faster diagnosis standard and 10 day turn around times for cancer diagnostics.About us
There will be an element of education to clinical teams and administrator on documenting of patient communication of diagnosis and the post holder would be expected to amend or create documentation to support staff in achieving both the Faster diagnosis standard and 10 day turn around times for cancer diagnostics.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Identify and implement efficiencies in data management and reporting.
Utilise a structure communication protocol to engage stakeholders in data review, submission and outcome data responses, providing internal and external reports.
Chair regular performance meetings and represent the trust on regional calls related to Faster diagnosis standard and 10 day turn around times for cancer diagnostics when required.
Utilising hospital based systems for validation, submission and verifying clinical data returns and able to identify workflow delays and implement changes to rectify delays in conjunction with the relevant managers.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Good Standard of general education with a minimum of 5 GCSEs to include English and Maths.nistration role within one of the Support Worker teams within cancer
- Relevant IT or information management qualification
- Minimum of 2 years NHS or equivalent large organisational experience
- Some experience managing people
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- Experience in cancer data management and National Cancer datasets
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of IT systems used within the hospital
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of the Cancer Register
Royal Cornwall Hospitals TrustAddress
Treliske, Royal Cornwall hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.