Deputy Ward Manager, Ward 6, Harplands Hospital:
Do you want to be part of an innovative and collaborative Senior Team? The Acute & Urgent Care Directorate are looking for applicants for a Deputy Ward Manager post. This is a great opportunity for Senior Nurses to develop their leadership skills and drive some exciting developments within a complex and fast-paced environment. You will be supported by the wider Leadership Team to ensure we continue to maintain high quality, patient focused services in line with our national and locally agreed targets.
We are welcoming applicants from Registered General Nursing [RGN] and Registered Mental Health Nursing [RMN] backgrounds.
Ward 6 is a 15 bedded mixed inpatient ward for patients with a diagnosis of dementia and associated complex health needs. We provide outstanding care, using a person-centred individualised approach based around the principles of the Newcastle Model. Our aim is to make a positive difference to the lives of our patients and support them to live well with dementia, and where possible return home or support them and their carers to find the appropriate 24 hour care setting for their on-going needs.Main duties of the job
The post holder is responsible for the delivery of care and for the supervision of others who are carrying out all aspects of the caring process. Assist in setting and maintaining standards of care, participate in maintaining effective management of the team and unit and maintain effective integration with the multi-disciplinary team and assist with the facilitation of a collaborative approach to patient focussed care.
The post-holder will act as a reliable role model for junior staff.About us
Our Trust is on an incredible journey of innovation and we'd like you to be part of it.
Our vision is 'To be Outstanding in all we do and how we do it.' Our teams pride themselves on compassion, team work and resilience. The Trust supports you by offering a flexible shift system including twilight shifts and compressed hours to support working families and our staff parking is free on all our main sites.
As an employee and representative of the Trust, you are required to demonstrate and uphold the Trust's Values. These are:
Proud to CARE:
Caring with compassion, it's about how we listen, what we say, what we do.
Friendly, welcoming, sharing ideas and being open
Taking personal and collective responsibility, being accountable for our actions
Striving for the best, for high-quality safe care and continually improving
In return we offer
A competitive progressive salary
We cover the cost of your DBS Check (�44)
Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
Individual Personal Development Plan and Career Progression
Excellent pension scheme available
27- 33 days annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays (pro rata)
Free parkingJob descriptionJob responsibilities
- To act at all times in accordance with the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) code of professional Conduct.
- To perform all aspects of the role in accordance with Trust policies and other national bodies.
- To participate in the assessment of care needs and the development implementation and evaluation of individual care plans.
- To provide specialist advice to other members of staff and act as a role model.
- In conjunction with the Ward Manager, to take responsibility for setting, maintaining and evaluating standards of care throughout the 24 hour period.
- To liaise with all members of the multi-disciplinary team and outside agencies in the implementation of patient care.
- To ensure that care activities are research based and in keeping with changes in the field of activity.
- To contribute to the development of ideas and innovative practice.
- To initiate and participate in departmental audit as requested by the Ward Manager.
- To take charge of the ward on a regular basis in the absence of the Ward Manager within continuing responsibility.
ExperienceEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Valid RMN/RGN registered qualification
North Staffordshire Combined Healthcare TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.