The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) will lead the Cyber Security and Information Governance departments within the trust to safeguard the organisation's information assets and infrastructure, ensuring confidentiality, integrity and availability of data.
This will include leading the provision of an efficient, effective and high-quality Cyber and Information Governance service capable of meeting all statutory, regulatory and NHS requirements ensuring alignment with the activity of the organisation.
As the ICS develops and you will need to take a system first approach across our partnering organisations. You will be expected to lead identified future programmes of work on behalf of system partners to ensure we support the ambition of the ICS and your organisation. As the Chief Information Security Officer you will play a leading role in steering closer, more integrated ways of working, delivering technology solutions to support seamless patient care irrespective of historical boundaries.
At MSEFT we value the flexible working approach and allow our team to work from home when not required on site. However you may need to visit any of our trust sites and be part of an on call senior management rota.Main duties of the job
You will be the Digital Services department designated lead for:
- Cyber security strategy
- Information governance strategy
- Cyber security and information governance awareness
- Cyber / Data incident response procedures
- Leading the response to security incidents, including containment, investigation, and recovery efforts
- Overseeing data and security audits and assessments to ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations, and NHS standards
- Risk management
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation Trust is now one of the largest in the country, with a workforce of approximately 15,000 who serve a population of 1.2 million people.
We work together, and in conjunction with MSE Health and Care Partnership, to deliver excellent local and specialist services, to improve the health and wellbeing of our patients in a compassionate way, and provide a respectful, but vibrant place for staff to develop, innovate and build careers.
From facilities through to consultant specialists we want to be the best, to achieve this we need to recruit not just those who are the finest in their field but also those who have the potential to be. Yes, experience is important but so is outlook - if you are dynamic, forward-thinking and enthusiastic we want you to join us.
We not only offer you a good working environment with flexible working opportunities, but also the opportunity to develop your career with access to appropriate training for your job and the support to succeed and progress.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached JD for further information on this opportunity.
We look forward to receiving your application.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Educated to Masters Level or equivalent level of experience in specialist area.
- Prince2 Foundation Qualification or industry standard project management methodology
- Prince 2 practitioner, AGILE or MSP
- Professional certifications in cyber security, information governance, data privacy, or related fields
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
Mid and South Essex NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Southend on Sea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.