The NSIC is working in collaboration with NHSE/I to improve and transform the lifelong care of people with a Spinal Cord Injury (PwSCI) through the medium of education. This role will work within a team of professionals to make this vision a reality. Are you passionate about the care of people with spinal cord injury? Do you want to make a difference to the lives of people with a Spinal Cord Injury. If so, then come and join us in a world-renowned specialist centre.The birthplace of the Paralympic Games, we've been serving spinal cord injury patients since 1944 creating a different rehabilitation philosophy and approach to the management of spinal cord injuries. We lead the way in the treatment and care of those with SCIs and are proud to have established an international reputation for the quality of our services. We are proud to have the only dedicated unit for children and young people (CYP) with SCI in the UK.
The post holder will be a highly motivated and experienced Healthcare professional who will offer expert advice and clinical support to key stakeholders caring for people with a spinal cord injury (PwSCI), outside a specialist Spinal Cord Injury Centre. They will support the learning of key stakeholders who share the care of our caseload of people with a SCI.Main duties of the job
About usListen to why colleagues think we are a great place to work! -
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to influence an integrated team approach to standardised care across the patient pathway.
- As a practicing healthcare professional, work in accordance with your relevant professional bodies' standards of conduct
- Monitor and assist staff to maintain excellent standards of care within the patient pathway.
- Collaborate with service leads/managers to implement recommendations from
- Government or professional bodies in relation to care and interventions.
- Initiate and actively participate in the audit of practice, presenting audit findings to a wide audience in a variety of settings.
- Develop, promote and maintain effective working relationships within and across the NSIC Services with all multi-disciplinary staff and with external SCI care providers
- Facilitate education to develop confidence and clinical skills competency in the provision of a patient-centred and culturally sensitive service across key care providers.
- Participate in the prioritising of quality standards to ensure the best possible care for PwSCI
BHT - A great place to work (buckshealthcare.nhs.uk) What does Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust offer you?
Why work for us?
- As part of our BHT family, you'll benefit from learning and development opportunities to support your career progression.
- We offer flexible and agile workingopportunities,alongside your NHS benefits ofgenerous annual leave entitlement, pension andaccess toNHS discount schemes.
- We provide a range of health and wellbeing services to promote a healthy, happy workforce.
What do we stand for?
- We're committed to promoting inclusion and making sure all colleagues feel they belong. We encourage new colleagues from a diverse range of backgrounds to apply.
- As an employer, we aim to create a workplace where differences are valued and colleagues treat one another with dignity and respect.
- Greater diversity withinourBHT familyimprovespositive outcomes for the people and communities we serve.
- A keen supporter of the Armed Forces Community who know the value of employing a service leaver/veteran and their families.
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Our vision is to provide outstanding care, support healthy communities and be a great place to work.
- Our mission is to provide personal and compassionate care every time.
- Our care values are collaborate, aspire, respect and enable.
For a comprehensive list of responsibilities and duties, please kindly refer to the Job Description and Person Specification by downloading the JD and PS attachment in the advert.
If you are an internal applicant there is the option for secondment, all applicants must have the endorsement/support of their line manager prior to application.
If you have a disability that makes submitting this online application difficult and would like assistance, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference number.Person SpecificationEDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS & TRAININGEssential
- Registered with the appropriate professional body i.e. Allied Healthcare Professional with HCPC or Nursing and Midwifery council
- Degree/ Diploma in the appropriate health profession i.e. Physiotherapy / Occupational Therapy/Nursing
- Comprehensive post registration experience as a Physiotherapist / Occupational Therapist/Nurse
- Teaching qualification/relevant experience
- Leadership or management training
SKILLS, ABILITIES & KNOWLEDGEEssential
- Experience of acting as mentor - coach - preceptor - supervisor
- Experience of working as advanced clinical practitioner/case manager
- Supporting self-care, self-management and enabling independence
- Experience of undertaking Audit
- Understanding of the importance of staff engagement
- Risk management and implementation of change
- Experience of teaching clinical staff and key stakeholders
- Evidence of ongoing professional development and leadership
- Highly specialised knowledge of managing people with SCI
- Highly developed professional knowledge base, supported by educational development and different work environments
- Knowledge of current political drivers, health and social care issues
- Specialist knowledge of governance and risk strategies and their application in healthcare
- Highly specialist clinical and technical skills in managing long term conditions
- High motivation and ability to motivate others
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Good presentation skills / public speaking
- Knowledge of evidence-based practice
- Computer literate
- Good time management skills
- Ability to work within a team and independently
- Effective leadership skills, including the ability to set direction and strategy in conjunction with others, and to lead and motivate staff
- Ability to demonstrate behaviours and attitudes consistent with Trust values and service standards
- Maintain a positive attitude to change and collaborative working within the management team.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Full driving licence and ability to travel across the South East region.
Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
National Spinal Injuries Centre - Stoke Mandeville Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.