Fantastic opportunities for up to SIX enthusiastic Senior Clinical Psychologists come join Inpatient Adult Mental Health Services!
- Different locations (Coventry/Warwick).
- Full or half time hours.
- Flexible working a third of your role can be remote if preferred
Working in inpatient mental health really is a great use of all the skills we have as psychologists. No two days are the same, and the role is varied, interesting, and thought-provoking. One day you can be undertaking highly complex psychological assessment, and the next you can be leading on team formulation or delivering PBS training! As a clinical psychologist, there really are so many fantastic opportunities to make a difference.
If you're interested in working with people with a variety of different presenting difficulties, and working with the MDT to undertake shared formulations and clinical supervision, then this is the role for you. You will have a significant role working with the ward MDT to develop collaborative, trauma informed formulations that inform least restrictive patient care. We're keen to recruit recovery-oriented, enthusiastic, and thoughtful team players, and welcome all conversations if you wish to know more. You're also very welcome to come meet some of the team and see the environment you could be working in. These roles cover our female or male treatment wards, or our PICUs.
If you're interested in joining a busy, diverse, and energetic team, please give us a call!Main duties of the job
Are you currently working in Inpatient Psychological Services and thinking about a change of service delivery area? Or currently working in a community setting and wondering about returning to work in an Inpatient setting? Or have experience of inpatient settings in another speciality and wish to work in mental health? Please get in touch to talk about working in Inpatient Psychological Services in CWPT!
- Direct assessment and formulation work with patients with complex needs.
- Provide clinical supervision to more junior team members and other members of the MDT.
- Lead on psychologically informed team formulation.
- Contribute to QIPs, relevant audits, and research on ward.
o Deliver psychologically informed training.About us
At Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT), we deliver a wide range of physical, mental health, learning disability and autism services, and are proud to serve communities across Coventry, Warwickshire and beyond.
We put 'people at our heart' this ethos is at the centre of everything we do and how we do it. We care for our staff and colleagues as much as they care for others and offer a wide range of benefits and development opportunities.
- generous annual leave entitlement which increases during your time with us
- flexible working opportunities
- excellent learning and development opportunities, including apprenticeship frameworks, distance learning, internal training, coaching and mentoring, and much more
- salary sacrifice schemes for lease car/ vehicle, Cycle to Work, home and electronics, gym membership and more
- discounts with a range of retailers, restaurants and entertainment venues through our Employee Assistance Programme and NHS discount schemes
- wellbeing support, including an in-house counselling service, external helpline and more
- staff networks and support group
We're always on the lookout for people who share our passion for improving the lives and wellbeing of people in our community, as well as our values of compassion, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description and person specification for more information. You can also make contact to arrange a visit to the service to learn more, too. Please give us a call!Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Registration as a Practitioner Psychologist with the HCPC in Clinical Psychology
Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Experience of working with a range of clients, presenting a range of clinical severity and maintenance of professionalism in challenging circumstances.
- Experience of tailoring psychological assessment and intervention to individual needs.
- Experience of working with adults with forensic needs/inpatient secure settings
- Experience of Supervision of others
- Experience of team working
- Postgraduate experience / training and skills in supervision including the supervision of doctoral trainees
- Experience of multidisciplinary working
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of highly specialist psychological assessment methods and therapeutic approaches in relation to the client group.
- Skills in applying this knowledge
- Well developed communication skills, suitable to the specialty.
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and the legal context of inpatient/secure services.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Knowledge of research and audit methodology suitable to the job.
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and the legal context of inpatient/secure services
Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership TrustAddress
Clifford Bridge Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.