We are looking for an exceptional Capital Delivery Project Manager to join our Estates & Facilities team at Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust, based at Queen Alexandra Hospital. As a Capital Delivery Project Manager, you will take the helm in leading and overseeing one or more projects. Your responsibilities will encompass meticulous project planning, seamless day-to-day execution, and vigilant performance management. You will work with trust clinical and non-clinical strategies to proactively address risks and challenges. This role involves close collaboration with healthcare professionals and managers to elevate patient experiences and enhance service quality. You will also be responsible for defining project parameters and monitoring progress, including robust risk management. Effective collaboration with various stakeholders is key to ensuring the successful attainment of objectives within our ever-evolving portfolio of projects.Main duties of the job
The post-holder is responsible for providing project management and support to ensure outputs are delivered effectively. The post holder will take a lead on one or more projects, responsible for planning, day-to-day delivery, and subsequent performance management, adjusting plans as required to ensure that risks and issues are mitigated. The post holder will work with clinicians and managers to ensure provision of the best possible patient experience and service delivery. A key role will be the rigorous definition and oversight of the projects including risk and issue management. The post holder will work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective management of interdependencies and delivery of objectives. It is expected that the specific projects managed by the post holder will change over time as the portfolio of work changes.About us
Here at Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust, we are proud to provide expert, compassionate care for our local population. We are ranked as the third in the country for research, embedding education and training across the organisation. Our main hub is the Queen Alexandra Hospital, which is one of the largest hospitals on the south coast employing over 8,700 staff. Our patients come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds because it makes our hospital stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for getting it right for patients, colleagues, and our community, you will find a home at Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS Trust.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Project manage major and minor construction, alteration and equipping schemes, lifecycle works and departmental moves and changes. Deliver capital and revenue schemes, PFI developments and variations. Ensure relevant statutory and mandatory requirements are met for allocated life cycle/development schemes. Provide space management services support at Queen Alexandra Hospital and campus sites. Ensure Trust leases and licences (as Lessor and Lessee) are in place for projects. Supervise Project Managers Manage the PFI Small Works Processes.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Relevant degree (or comparable) level and/or in-depth working experience in construction project management.
- Formal construction project management, contract administration or cost control/Quantity Surveying qualification (or working towards).
- Chartered Professional Membership of a relevant organization e.g. IEMA, IWFM.
- Experience in construction project management in a Healthcare setting.
- Experience of delivering to tight deadlines.
- Experience in delivering significant programmes or schemes with a public sector context.
- Experience in managing and monitoring project budgets.
- Working in a Property Management/construction/building services environment.
- Experience in business case preparation.
- Private Finance Initiative contracts and contract management from a clients perspective.
- High degree of commitment, motivation and personal interest in working in healthcare.
- Awareness of NHS standards for buildings.
- Ability to deal with and manage numerous stakeholders and take forward issues in a complex environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritise and time manage project workload.
- Understand, interpret and implement Construction, Design and Management (CDM) Regulations.
- Demonstrate a understanding of construction process, legal requirements and safe working practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of complex construction/building services installation and maintenance.
- Knowledge of contractual documentation and service specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Budgetary management acquired through experience and training.
- Have the understanding of the built environment.
- Have the negative capability to carry on when things are going awry, the persistence, drive and determination to bring them back on track.
- Ability to analyse performance data and policies.
- Understanding of Property Law and Landlord/Tenant issues
- Ability to gather and analyse data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD and CAFM systems.
Portsmouth Hospitals University NHS TrustAddress
QA Hospital, Southwick Hill Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.