Ever thought of working in the prison sector? It is an exciting, interesting and rapidly developing sector for pharmacy. You can be part of the prison pharmacy team at Greater Manchester Mental Health and support delivery of pharmacy services and medicines administration at HMP Risley.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic pharmacist to become part of our extensive multi-disciplinary team. The successful candidate will support the provision of a safe and efficient pharmacy service to the prison's complex population. You will support close working with the mental health, and primary care teams. You must be excellent at communicating, and have the ability to problem solve in challenging situations.
Working hours will be a total of 37.5 hours Monday to Friday. Close to major motorways. Free parking available, and includes a variety of NHS benefits.Main duties of the job
- To develop the provision of pharmaceutical care to the prison by providing a clinical pharmacy and prescription monitoring service.
- To participate in the medicines management team activities and meetings
- To contribute to learning from incidents by reporting medication incidents and pharmacy interventions as well as investigating and supporting subsequent actions and learning.
- To participate in and deliver medicines training as required
- To participate in supervisions and appraisals.
- To undertake continued professional development.
- To comply with Trust procedures and policies concerning security, safety and patient confidentiality
- GMMH guidelines and rules are considered when making decisions
- To participate in management and clinical supervision and to raise issues of concern.
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford, Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Warrington, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
See attached detailed job description and person specification: Staff benefits
- Pay Enhancements 30% additional for Evenings (8pm onwards) and Saturdays and 60% additional for Sundays and Bank holidays.
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Pharmacy degree
- GPhC registration
- Demonstrable post qualification experience
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience in medicines management
- Prison experience
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
617 Warrington Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.