Tired of weekend working? Looking for a change? Have you considered a career in mental health?
We have an opportunity for enthusiastic, experienced pharmacist to join our well-established clinical pharmacy team and lead our Child and Adolescent Mental Health (CAMHS) in-patient and community pharmacy service.
Following investment in our pharmacy service and implementation of our Electronic Prescribing and Medicines Administration (EPMA) system, this is a fantastic time to join our expanding team
- We are committed to personal development including the opportunity to undertake non-medical prescribing qualification or other training for personal growth where appropriate
- Working within a supportive team.
- Be an integrated member of the pharmacy team providing a dedicated, safe and effective, patient centred clinical service across the CAMHS service, providing high quality pharmaceutical care to all our patients
- Opportunity to contribute to service development and quality and safety, through ward rounds, audits and education
Your professionalism, excellent inter-personal skills and commitment will equip you to be a valued contributor to our service
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to join the team. This varied and challenging role presents a unique opportunity to make a real difference to patient care, demonstrate your ability to innovate and implement change, and develop your leadership and management skills.Main duties of the job
As a CAMHS senior clinical pharmacist, you will participate in the delivery of clinical pharmacy services to designated wards and other services within CAMHS. Your role will also include ensuring that medicines management practices within the multidisciplinary team (MDT) and services comply with legal, national and local guidelines.
You will be responsible for ensuring that drug therapy is evidence based, safe, cost effective and appropriate to the individual patient.
You will work across the directorate supporting the development of both the service, and the junior pharmacists who provide day to day clinical services to the area. You will participate in ward rounds, provide expert medicines advice to staff and patients, review medication incidents and develop clinical guidelines.
Applicants must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work as part of a team whilst also managing your own workload. You must be dynamic, resilient, and be able to manage and motivate others. You will have the ability to influence the multidisciplinary team and engage with key stakeholders. You should have previous experience of working within mental health
Successful candidates will take part in the on-call and Bank Holiday rotas.
If you are a keen and motivated registered pharmacist with previous mental health and/or CAMHs/Paediatrics experience and a passion for developing new ideas, this may be the post for you.About us
Greater Manchester Mental Health (GMMH) Foundation Trust employs over6,400
members of staff, who deliver services from more than160
We provide inpatient and community-based mental health care for people living in Bolton, the city of Manchester, Salford,Trafford and the borough of Wigan, and a wide range of specialist mental health and substance misuse services across Greater Manchester, the north west of England and beyond.
Greater Manchester is one of the world's most innovative, original and exciting places to live and work. From the beauty of the surrounding countryside to the heart of the vibrant inner city with great shopping, entertainment and dining options.
Wherever you go you will experience a great northern welcome with people famed for their warmth, humour and generosity.
Our people enjoy their work, have opportunities to learn and develop their skills and are encouraged to generate new ideas that improve care for our service users.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and Person Specification for details. Staff Benefits
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays rising to 29 after 5 years and 33 days after 10 years
- Excellent pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Salary sacrifice car scheme
- Wellbeing programme
- Blue Light Card Discounts
- Member of the GPhC Post graduate diploma in clinical / psychiatric pharmacy
- 4 years master degree or equivalent
- Post graduate diploma in clinical / psychiatric pharmacy
- Independent Prescribing Qualification
- Considerable hospital experience
- Experience supervising staff
- Experience of Managing Staff
- Experience of MDT working
- Expert knowledge of mental health/ CAMHs/Paediatrics
- Previous Experience working in Mental Health Pharmacy
- Previous experience working in CAMHs/Paediatrics
- Experience working across primary and secondary care
- Have knowledge of clinical governance, clinical audit and risk management
- Knowledge of primary and secondary care, prescribing and medicines management
- Knowledge of Mental Health therapeutics and services
- Ability to interpret and communicate highly complex data
- Ability to manage change and conflict
- Ability to devise, plan and manage a complex work programme.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with a broad range of disciplines within and external to the Trust.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Greater Manchester Mental Health NHSFTAddress
Bury New Road, Prestwich
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.