Home Treatment Teams and Patient Flow Manager - Mental Health
We are excited launch our recruitment for this new opportunity for an experienced, dynamic and motivated mental health professional, to lead the teams as we move forward at pace with our service improvement work around adult mental health patient flow.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to lead collaboratively under pressure within a complex operational system. You will bring experience of service improvements within Acute mental health or similar services, have a thorough knowledge of legal, ethical and clinical frameworks for mental health care, and be able to use this expertise to ensure highest standards of care and experience for our patients and their families. Home Treatment Teams
(East and West Dorset) provide short term intensive community care and treatment to those experiencing an acute and severe episode of mental illness, with the aims of supporting people to remain at home and avoid unnecessary hospital admission, and to facilitate earlier discharge from hospital.
This is a full time post, with the expectation that the post holder will be largely based on clinical sites - all reasonable flexible working requests will be considered.
Informal pre-application discussions are welcomed and encouraged.Main duties of the jobMental Health Patient Flow team
are responsible for supporting and facilitating safe flow of patients between mental health crisis and inpatient services, and includes oversight of those placed in out of area hospitals. Often involved in complex clinical decision making about prioritisation of admissions and appropriate treatment setting. We are investing in a revised model of patient flow with an enhanced MDT, and this post will be a core part of leading this service development and improvement. The post holder will also have management responsibilities for the Clinical Site Management team, Out of Area placement co-ordinator and Health Based Place of Safety (HBPoS).
To be responsible for the efficient operational management and strategic planning of the Home Treatment Teams and Patient Flow for adult mental health inpatient services.
Maintaining relationships across the system, working transparently and efficiently to oversee patient flow, working with partners to provide the least restrictive practice for the Dorset population.
To assist the Crisis and Acute Community Services Manager and the Associate Clinical Director for Flow in addressing the Trust's strategic and operational agenda as related to these services.About us
At Dorset HealthCare we're on a mission to empower people to make the most of their lives through our outstanding, joined-up healthcare services. We're a dynamic, forward-looking Trust, running 12 community hospitals, specialist inpatient facilities and a wide range of integrated community and mental health services for a population of almost 800,000 people.
We do things differently here - it's one of the reasons the CQC rated us 'outstanding' in 2019. It's also why 95% of patients across our services say they have a good or very good experience of our services and 89% of staff feel they can really make a difference. Whether you're looking to work with us in one of our bustling market towns, vibrant urban locations, thriving seaside spots, or among the rolling hills of Dorset, there are lots of ways you can make a difference in our communities.
Our 7,000-strong workforce is at the heart of what we do and our success is a testament to our brilliant people. We're all about building a workplace for the future, we believe in equal opportunities and we celebrate diversity. We're an inclusive workplace, where everyone is welcome, everyone can be authentic, and we are all encouraged to be the best version of ourselves.
Working with us you'll be part of a strong team, challenge yourself, build a career, and teach us what we don't know. And you'll be working towards our vision to be better every day through excellence, compassion and expertise in all we do.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For the main duties and responsibilities for this role please read the attached job description and person specification. When completing your application please ensure your supporting statement reflects the criteria set out in these documents by showing how your experience and skills apply to this post.
Dorset HealthCare is in partnership withThe Princes Trust
to support people getting into work, as part of this partnership, we offer an employability service to support individuals between 16-30 years old with application writing, interview skills and other employment support. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to access the support.Person SpecificationKnowledge, Skills and TrainingEssential
- Registered practitioner to Master degree level (or equivalent) supplemented by evidence of post registration continued professional development
- Evidence of recent professional development in an up to date portfolio
Job Specific experienceEssential
- Learning and Assessing in Practice Qualification or equivalent practice assessors training
- Experience of working in an acute mental health service or similar service at band 7 level minimum 2 years
- Experience of working in a complex organisation at senior or middle management level
- Experience of managing change/service redesign
- Recent previous experience within a comparable role with proven skills in staff management, building effective relationships and networking
- Evidence of involvement in policy and practice change.
- Experience of previous leadership of staff including providing clinical supervision and mentoring to staff
- Able to analyse data and produce reports using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience of using electronic patient / service user record systems
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to evaluate care leading to improvement in quality standards an service improvement
- Able to communicate effectively at different levels of the organisation and with staff, patient/service users, visitors or external organisations both verbally and in writing in the exchange of highly complex, sensitive or contentious information which may require the use of negotiating and/or persuasive skills.
Dorset HealthCare University NHS Foundation TrustAddress
St Anns Hopsital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.