A vacancy has arisen in the Enfield Let's Talk IAPT Counselling Service for an experienced and suitably qualified Clinician, to fill the post of Lead Counsellor. The Counselling Service is part of a well-established IAPT service which is well integrated with the CBT provision. Applicants for the Lead Counsellor post should have substantial managerial, supervisory and clinical experience and have worked in NHS primary care mental health services, or similar service within Adult Mental Health. Experience of service development, clinical governance, data reporting, audit and supervision across a range of counselling approaches, are essential for this post.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for the co-ordination of the Enfield IAPT Counselling service which provides a range of time-limited counselling therapies including brief, focussed counselling, Dynamic Interpersonal Therapy (DIT) and Interpersonal Therapy (IPT). are Clinical sessions are provided online and in person.
The post holder will play a key role in the management of the service, ensuring a high quality counselling service with good clinical governance including a robust supervision arrangements. The post holder will be responsible for the provision of supervision and line management of other therapists/Counsellors including trainees and also monitoring accreditation requirements and compliance with IAPT training and qualifications.About usBEH-MHT Values Our values
The Trust's values are:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Being Positive
- Working together
Applicants should hold accreditation with one of the main professional bodies such as BACP or UCKP, or equivalent professional/registration body such as BCP, NCS Accredited professional or HCPC as relevant. The post holder would also be required to hold a recognised supervision qualification or accreditationPerson SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
- Post-graduate diploma, masters degree or doctorate in Psychotherapy, Counselling, or Counselling Psychology
- Further training in a brief model of counselling or psychotherapy.
- Educated to Honours degree level
- Must be accredited with the BACP/ on the UKCP/BCP register/Accredited Professional Registrant with the NCS or accreditation as a psychotherapist/counsellor/psychologist with equivalent professional body.
- Post-qualification training in one or more additional evidence-based approaches to treatment in primary care mental health and IAPT e.g. DIT, IPT, CfD, Couples therapy as outlined in the IAPT Manual.
- Recognised supervision qualification or accreditation from an accredited supervision course of at least one year's duration.
Experience & KnowledgeEssential
- Post-qualification specialist training from a substantive academic programme in mental health, clinical risk assessment, CBT principles
- Extensive relevant post qualification clinical experience including working in a primary care setting and work with brief, focussed approaches and interventions.
- Experience of working with a wide variety of client groups, across the whole life course presenting problems that reflect the full range of clinical severity including maintaining a high degree of professionalism in the face of highly emotive and distressing problems, verbal abuse and the threat of physical abuse.
- Working knowledge and experience of a range of psychological therapies including time limited therapy as well as working to a theoretical model that is evidence-based and appropriate for brief, focused interventions appropriate for common mental health problems
- Experience of service development and management of people and resources
- Experience of designing, implementing and reporting on evaluation and research projects
- Experience of working in adult mental health services.
- Experience of interdisciplinary working within the NHS. Experience and/or training in management and leadership
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Experience of the application of clinical/counselling psychology to different cultural contexts.
- Experience in working in with diverse patient groups & in different care settings such as outpatients, inpatient services.
- Skills in the use of complex methods of psychological therapies/counselling assessment intervention and management frequently requiring sustained and intense concentration.
- Highly developed psychological therapies and counselling skills
- Well-developed skills in the ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, complex, highly technical and/or Clinically sensitive information to clients, their families, carers and other professional colleagues both within and outside the NHS.
- Skills in providing consultation to other professional and non-professional groups.
- Clinical leadership skills and skills in line managing a staff group
- Knowledge of the IAPT programme excellent management & supervisory skills good IT skills excellent organisation, prioritisation and delegation skills
- Knowledge of the theory and practice of specialized psychological therapies in specific difficult to treat groups (e.g. personality disorder, dual diagnoses, people with additional disabilities etc). High level knowledge of the theory and practice of at least two specialised psychological therapies.
- Knowledge of legislation in relation to the client group and mental health.
- Experience of leading and carrying out research projects and interpreting data using statistical analyses.
- Proven ability in carrying out clinical audits
- Ability to teach and train others, using a variety of complex multi-media materials suitable for presentations within public, professional and academic settings.
- Ability to identify and employ mechanisms of clinical governance as appropriate, to support and maintain clinical practice in the face of regular exposure to highly emotive material and challenging behaviour.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of working within a multicultural framework and actively promoting diversity in the workplace and in clinical provision
Barnet, Enfield & Haringey Mental Health NHS TrustAddress
The Chase Building - Chase Farm Hospital site
The Ridge Way
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.