Due to a recent vacancy, following internal promotion, we are looking for a motivated and driven physiotherapist to join our physiotherapy team here at Somerset NHS Foundation Trust based at Musgrove Park Hospital.
You would be joining a network of highly skilled practitioners and working alongside clinical specialists in all departments who offer mentoring and supervision.
As an employer we recognise that our staff are our greatest asset and we are committed to supporting them to achieve a rewarding career.
B5 rotations occur every 4 months with current rotations being:
Stroke service and neurology
Medical / Care of the Elderly
Respiratory / ITU
JETT - joint emergency therapy team
MSK OutpatientsMain duties of the job
- Have responsibility for providing a high standard of physiotherapy service for designated clinical areas on the rotations as listed above
- Be responsible for planning and prioritising his/her own workload and PTA support staff as they work on a shared patient caseload.
- Complete clinical and environment 'Risk Assessments' and management plans for identified risks, in line with the Trust's policy as developed by the Risk Management Team, as relevant to areas within the clinical remit of this post
- Maintain a record of patient's treatment for inclusion in the departments monthly returns and other statistical data as required
- Able to demonstrate sound clinical knowledge and clinical reasoning skills through the analysis and interpretation of the clinical examination.
- Ability to reflect and critically appraise own performance, taking responsibility for own learning.
- Be expected to develop and maintain all the clinical skills necessary for this position
- Be proactive with regard to self-directed learning
As an organisation, the NHS offers a wide range of benefits including flexible working, pension contributions, market leading annual leave allowance, career progression and regular conversations, not to mention our Blue Light Card and NHS exclusive discounts.
The benefits of working in Somerset include the idyllic countryside, with our areas of outstanding beauty and stunning coastlines. You will get to enjoy these perks whilst still only being a stone's throw away from bustling city centres like Bristol, Bath and Exeter and only two hours away from London.
There are excellent educational facilities in the area and, when compared to other regions, house prices are reasonable. You will experience the best of both in Somerset, the countryside and the cosmopolitan - there is truly something for everyone!Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached job description for full details and personal specification
- Plan and prioritise own clinical workload, service using clinical judgement and department guidelines
- Treat patients as a fully autonomous practitioner with full responsibility for, and legal accountability for, individual clinical decisions and actions
- Ensure all patients understand the physiotherapy treatment process, and have given valid and informed consent for treatment. Where patients are not able to provide consent for treatment e.g. when suffering from severe cognitive deficits following a stroke or acutely ill say in ITU, the post holder will work within existing legal frameworks, Trust guidelines, and professional codes of conduct
- Complete a full clinical examination of each patient. The patient examination will integrate information from a range of sources such as the patient, carers, medical/nursing records and the clinical examination
- Take into account the psychological and social, as well as medical aspects of the patients history, in order to provide an holistic, patient centred approach, referring to other specialists as necessary
- Formulate a clinical diagnosis and appropriate patient centred goals, following a complete analysis and interpretation of the clinical examination, with assistance as required from senior staff
- Degree in Physiotherapy
- HCPC Registration
ExperienceEssential Employer detailsEmployer name
- Member of Chartered Society of Physiotherapy
Somerset NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Musgrove Park Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.