Are you interested in improving the quality of care for people with diagnosis or traits of personalitydisorder/complex Emotional Difficulties and associated difficulties? Are you a registered mentalhealth clinician? Do you like to innovation and leading the way on new developments? do youbelieve in working in partnership with people with Lived Experience? If this sounds like you then whynot come and join this exciting new service. KMPT are growing their community services for peoplewith personality disorders and would like to invite you to join a new service that is going to bedelivered across the county. As part of the transformation of care programme, a Service UserNetwork (SUN) will be developed across the county, providing regular and accessible groupsfacilitated in partnership with people with Lived Experience. The groups aim to help those whoexperience Complex Emotional Difficulties (CED) and is a new addition to the personality disorderpathway. The service model has open access and inclusivity and is embedded into the communitysitting alongside KMPT.We are seeking band 6 practitioners to join the team. A professional qualification is required for therole, such as Mental Health Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Clinical Associate Psychologist, SocialWork or other mental health profession e.g. Arts therapist, Psychotherapist, counsellingpsychologist. You will also have experience of and interest in group facilitation.Main duties of the job
- The provision of SUN groups co facilitated with SUN lived Experience facilitators across Kent, both in person and online including evening sessions.
- Lead on production of RASP plans, manage safe clinically effective care
- Support development of group culture that is in keeping with SUN and Therapeutic Community ethos of support, inclusion, safety and responsibility.
- Support management and supervision of Lived Experience
- Work in collaboration with other colleagues and service in the pathway providing services to people who are experiencing complex mental health problems including escalation for additional intervention if required.
- Promotion of SUN model.
Come and work with us in the Garden of England where we combine exceptional professional development opportunities with a tremendous quality of life.
We are Kent and Medway NHS and Social Care Partnership Trust (KMPT), providing mental health, learning disability and specialist services, serving 1.8 million people across the county.
The Trust (rated Good overall by the CQC and Outstanding for care) has 3,283 staff working in 66 buildings across 33 locations, covering an area of 1,450 square miles.
You will be joining friendly, passionate colleagues, rich in their diversity, who are committed to providing excellent care to our service users and their loved ones.
The nature of our work attracts kindness and compassion as standard and everyone from our cleaners and porters to the chief executive and chairman are recognised as playing a vital role in providing an exemplary service.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
As part of a new team of Clinicians and SUN facilitators with lived experience, delivering a SUN (Service User Network) service across Kent the post holder with support and supervision from Team leader and clinical lead will
- Work in partnership with the MDT, CRHT and Acute Inpatients Services, other community teams and Primary Care to provide support and treatment to service users to attend SUN groups and facilitate the safe management of their needs within a community setting.
- Co-facilitate SUN groups with SUN lived experience facilitators, leading on safety and risk management. Delivering 8 groups weekly including both F2F and online and three evening sessions. In addition three online groups for young people including some evening groups, taking account of their age appropriate mental health needs.
- Facilitate easy access to clients attending the SUN groups attending to issues of diversity, disability and difference.
- To develop Resource and Support Plans (RASP) with people participating in the SUN groups according to the service protocols.
- To identify and respond to issues of increased risk for the client /group in accordance with policy and procedures. Act as an educator for service users and carers. Advise on issues of mental health so as to generate a positive approach to health and strengthen the service users capacity to manage illness, symptoms and crisis.
- To provide day to day support to the SUN facilitators with lived experience employed by Lived Well Kent.
- To work with service manager to organize and ensure the delivery of the Programme of groups in each area.
- To promote SUN and ensure robust relationships and links with other mental health, community based and third sector services.
- Liaise with colleagues on CED pathway where an increased psychological or mental health support intervention is indicated.
- Work with SUN members in the coproduction of key elements of the operational arrangements of the service through member involvement.
- Chair team planning meetings and business meetings with support from service manager on a rotational basis.
- To lead and support the SUN lived experience facilitators to plan, organize and facilitate focus groups and meetings with SUN members to further develop a truly co-produced SUN service.
- Be confident in delivering virtual events, presentations (both virtual and F2F) to promote and publicise SUN widely.
- To induct and train new staff into the model of SUN.
- Be responsible for relevant data collection on work activities, inputting data onto SUN databases as required, and to maintain a high standard of clinical record keeping.
- Maintain high standard of care and record keeping in all areas of practice in accordance with the relevant professional Code of Conduct and guidelines.
- Ensure compliance with statutory & mandatory training
CLINICAL LIAISON & EDUCATION
- Provide a prompt response to requests for information and advice in line with agreed response times.
- Deliver education and training which better support the SUN groups in the recovery of people with CED.
- Promotion of positive attitudes towards people with mental ill health, mutual understanding and effective collaborative working between mental health services, primary care trusts and community and voluntary sector.
- Provision of a suitable learning environment for nursing, OT and other students on placement and undertake the roles of supervisor or mentor for students on designated undergraduate, postgraduate courses and post experience courses where appropriate.
- To support Band 7 Team Lead to provide education on request from statutory and voluntary organizations.
MONITORING & EVALUATION
- To participate in the formal evaluation of the SUN service in liaison with the Band 7 Team Lead and the Clinical Lead of the service.
- Maintain awareness of current research within own area of specialist practice and demonstrate a commitment to evidence-based practice.
- To maintain high standard of care in all areas of practice in accordance with the relevant professional Code of Conduct and guidelines.
- Maintain and develop a level of professional knowledge, skills and expertise that ensure the highest standards of practice and is responsive to changing care needs.
- Act at all times according to professional standards, maintaining own knowledge and skills.
- Attend weekly team clinical supervision
- Professional Qualification in Mental Health Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Clinical Associate Psychologist, Social Work or other mental health profession e.g. Arts therapist, Psychotherapist, counselling psychologist.
- oExperience of working with people with a diagnosis of personality disorder or traits of this that interfere in their daily functioning
- oExperience of facilitating groups within a mental health setting.
- oExperience of risk assessment and management of people with a diagnosis or traits of personality disorder.
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Competent assessment skills
- Can demonstrate the ability to manage change
- oAble to demonstrate and understand the concept of community care and the need to develop good networks
Kent & Medway NHS & Social Care Partnership TrustAddress
St Martin's Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.