We are looking for registered Health Visitors to join our dynamic Health Visiting Service as Specialist Nurse: Perinatal and Infant Mental Health
to deliver an enhanced package of care to children and their families living in Lambeth and Southwark.
This role will sit within our Universal Services enhanced targeted service offer to vulnerable families. This role provides enhanced support and evidence based intervention packages of care for families in Lambeth or Southwark who have a child under the age of five experiencing perinatal and infant mental health concerns. Ensuring that the most vulnerable families are identified and provided with a targeted offer that meets their needs, in order to address health inequalities in the early years.
The role will involve working in a community setting leading on perinatal mental health and there will be a fifty percent caseload requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 4th December 2023
Interview date: 14th December 2023Main duties of the job
The health visiting service is delivered in the home or at a children's centres, health centres or GP practices. We work in partnership with GPs and other healthcare professionals, social workers, children's centre staff and voluntary agencies to support families with children under five. As a member of the service, the post holder will play a key role in providing clinical supervision, training and advice to support the provision of a comprehensive, high-quality and responsive health visiting service to vulnerable families in Lambeth and Southwark with perinatal and infant mental health concerns.About us
We are committed to diversity and inclusion, and creating a sense of belonging and fun for all our teams caring for children and their families. When you join us, you become a valued member of the Evelina London community and can access the wider Evelina and Nightingale education academies. Choosing us as your employer affords you opportunities to be part of a Trust which recognises the value of sharing expertise, research and education between community and acute services.
Working with us you will have access to numerous benefits:
Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesPlease see attached Job Description for further details of Duties and Responsibilities.
- A mobile device, android phone and personal protection device whilst in practice allowing you to work more flexibly and to achieve a better work/life balance
- The opportunity to apply to the Evelina Eranda Rothschild Nursing and Midwifery Scholarship programme, which provides education, training and mentorship to nurses and midwives who have an idea for a project which will improve patientexperience. Open to all grades of nursing staff.
- A robust safeguarding supervision and managerial supervision framework
- Access to the world class clinicians and services and education and training from the 'Outstanding' Evelina London's Children Hospital
- Access to our HEI partners e.g. Kings College London for Masters level education opportunities
- Annual season ticket loan
- Care First - our excellent employers' benefits service who have extensive resources
The post holder will work across a number of community locations including Children Centres, Early years settings and community health clinics. They will be required to work across borough boundaries as part of a small cohesive team, accessing and recording information using mobile devices in the office and in community settings.
The majority of the clinical activity will take place in home settings.
The post holder will work autonomously with regular managerial, safeguarding and clinical supervision providedPerson SpecificationQualificationEssential
- Current registration with NMC as a nurse (RN)
- SpecialistCommunityPublic Health Nurse - Health Visiting - Degreelevel/Significant Experience as a Family Nurse
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Masters degree in Health related subject and or Social Science or equivalent
- Additional qualifications relevant to the post e.g. in mental health, infant mental health or counselling and clinical supervision.
- Registered Children Nurse
- Management and Leadership qualification
- Registered Nurse Prescriber
- Mentor Qualification
- Knowledge and application of department of health policy on Health Visiting.
- Knowledge and application of the requirement and responsibility of the NMC Code
- Knowledge of the roles of other professionals and the principles of partnershipworkingwithkey professionals in health, education, voluntary and social services
- Knowledge and experience of clinical supervision and the ability to engage others in reflective practice
- A working knowledge of relevant procedures and legal frameworks and to demonstrate the ability to apply this knowledge to clinical practice, including: Safeguarding Children, Code of Practice, Information Governance and other legal frameworks
- Ability to assess, plan, implement, evaluate and review care packages.
- Ability to use knowledge provide clinical supervision to inform sound clinical judgements and decision- making for complex cases involving perinatal and infant mental health
- Excellent interpersonal skills including observation, listening and empathy sensitivity tact and diplomacy, team working.
- Proficient use of IT packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Change management skills including service reconfiguration.
- Specialistknowledge and experience in maternal and infant mental health, developed through training and practice
- Experience of providing complex packages of care for families with additional health and social care needs, involving other services/agencies
- Evidence of delivering high quality teaching to staff groups Teaching and assessing learners
- Working across organisational and professional boundaries
- Experience of delivering clinical supervision to staff
- Understanding and experience of analysing service related informationtoimprove performance
- Experience of service improvement initiatives
- Works closely with team members and external partners to review client care and make recommendationsfor improvements
- Experience of working in family Nurse Partnership service
- Experience of line managing staff
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Walking variable distances when unable to park near to a destination
- Able to travel across a range of community settings with equipment and mobile devices.
- Able to use mobile electronic devices to the standard required
Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.