Full Time - 37.5 Hours Per Week
Are you an enthusiastic, motivated, team player who is looking for a new challenge?
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Infection Prevention and Control team, for an aspiring Infection Prevention and Control Nurse.This is a development post, with aspiration to become a Band 6 after achieving specific infection prevention and control competencies and qualification.
The post holder will be initially supervised, learning on the job and be given the support to gain specialist Infection Prevention and Control qualification and post related competencies.
You will have excellent communication skills which will enable you to work closely with the trust staff and ward / departmental teams.The job will support the Infection Prevent and Control service, to deliver and effective and efficient service. You will be a key, valued member of the Infection Prevention and Control team.
The post will support, develop and implement systems to improve the quality of infection prevention and control management, by the delivery of national directives to develop local quality, patient safety and safe systems of working for staff.
The post holder will deliver training and undertake quality improvement visits and initiatives. You must have good organisational skills and the ability to influence others.
If you possess the commitment and enthusiasm to fill this role, if you want to help make a difference, this is a role for you.
Informal visits are encouraged.Main duties of the job
Provide specialist advice and expertise to support the prevention, surveillance, and control of infection across SWYPFT services
Contribute to the day-to-day maintenance and further development of a high quality, proactive, responsive, and accessible infection prevention and control service.
Assist in developing and reviewing specialist infection control policies and protocols, in order to promote and maintain the highest standards of infection prevention and control practice that is evidence and research based.
Provide training and education to increase awareness of infection prevention and control issues amongst all disciplines and grades of staff within the Trust.
As the post is Trust-wide, there will be travelling involved, the candidate should hold a current driving licence and have access to a car.
Contribute to the Annual Infection Prevention and Control work programme on behalf of the Infection Prevention & Control Team (IPCT).
Create quality improvement projects across a wide range of settings to support best evidence practice.All employees of the Trust are strongly encouraged to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect patients.About us
We are a specialist NHS Foundation Trust that provides community, mental health and learning disability services for the people of Barnsley, Calderdale, Kirklees and Wakefield. We also provide low and medium secure services and are the lead for the west Yorkshire secure provider collaborative.
Our mission is to help people reach their potential and live well in their communities, we do this by providing high-quality care in the right place at the right time. We employ staff in both clinical and non-clinical services who work hard to make a difference to the lives of service users, families and carers.We encourage and welcome applications from all protected characteristic groups, we value diversity and want our workforce to be reflective of our communities.
Being a foundation Trust means were accountable to our members, who can have a say in how were run. Around 14,300 local people (including staff) are members of our Trust.
Join us and you will be one of over 4,500 staff committed to supporting and improving the mental, physical and social needs of the thousands of people we meet and help each year.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all colleagues and volunteers to share this commitment.
We do reserve to right to close vacancy before the advertised closing date if necessary, so please apply as soon as possible.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesJOB SUMMARY
To assist with the prevention, surveillance, investigation and control of infection for South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.KEY RESULT AREAS:
To work as a member of the Infection Prevention and Control team and with Professional and Clinical Leaders in the prevention and control of healthcare associated infection.
To undertake and successful complete specialist qualification in infection prevention and control.
To support the Senior Infection Prevention and Control Nurse in ensuring that written infection prevention and control policies are implemented and complied with.
Under supervision contribute to the development of infection prevention and control guidance
To participate in the provision of education and training utilising both formal and informal approaches.
To be able to modify and adjust the content of educational delivery dependent upon the learning needs of staff.
Under supervision to promote the work of the infection prevention and control team and provide efficient and effective support to the team in all aspects.
To participate with the investigation of, and measures to control, outbreaks of infection in in-patient and community settings.
To provide assistance in the provision of appropriate responses to infection prevention and control enquiries from staff, patients and visitors.
To provide assistance with alert organism surveillance processes.
To attend a range of meetings when required related to infection prevention and control as directed by the Senior Nurse providing feedback on request.
To have the ability to recognise poor practice in relation to Infection Prevention and Control and to report this appropriately.
To have a good understanding of the relationship between clinical procedures and infection prevention and control.For full job description, please see attached supporting documents.Person SpecificationTrainingEssential
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development.
- Registered Nurse.
- Educated to degree level or demonstrable equivalent experience.
- An NMC approved mentorship qualification, such as Supporting Learning in Practice (SLiP) or equivalent, and evidence of ongoing mentoring activity.
- Willing to undertake specialist qualification in infection prevention and control.
- Post specialist qualification in Infection Prevention and Control or willing to undertake.
- Demonstrates understanding of the importance of audit.
- Demonstrates sound knowledge of infection prevention and control standards.
- Post registration experience.
Special Knowledge and SkillsEssential
- Demonstrative evidence of clinical leadership.
- Experience of clinical audit.
- Experience or knowledge of community nursing and Mental Health / Learning Disabilities.
- Infection Prevention and Control experience.
- Experience of nursing patients with infectious diseases.
- Teach in formal and informal situations.
- Broad clinical knowledge.
- Up to date knowledge of Infection Prevention and Control, HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis, Health Care Associated Infections (HCAI) and other relevant agendas.
- Knowledge of transmission of infections.
- Knowledge of current Doh guidelines on IPC.
- Ability to lead change and service improvement.
- Ability to undertake the duties and demands of the post.
- A satisfactory sickness record over the previous 2 years (subject to the need to act with fairness and equality of opportunity, particularly where the sickness is related to a disability and/or pregnancy).
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Commitment to high quality standards of care delivery.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate initiative and solve problems.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Ability to work on initiative and as an effective team member.
- Excellent understanding and application of confidentiality.
- Current driving licence and access to a car during the working day is essential.
South West Yorkshire Partnership NHS TrustAddress
IPC team Kendray Estates Department
Kendray Hospital Doncaster Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.