An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Band 8a Advanced Nurse Practitioner to join the Plastics and Reconstructive Surgery team at the Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust. We are a world renowned cancer hospital covering a broad range of cancer surgery specialties and you will work collaboratively alongside an existing team of CNS's, Clinical Fellows and Consultants on the Plastics team.
You will be responsible for a broad range of duties including taking a key role in the daily ward rounds with the wider team, prescribing, ordering and interpreting investigations, admitting and discharging patients and completing discharge summaries. You will also be involved in making referrals and discussing complex issues with other specialties and have the knowledge and skills to troubleshoot unexpected clinical problems on the ward or by telephone, and in our out-patient clinics.
We are keen to find an clinically experienced ANP with experience of patient education programmes and service development and research. In return you will work within a very supportive team, in an outstanding hospital, with access to excellent training and education opportunities, and will have a blend of autonomy and support to make this a highly rewarding role. If you are interested in the role or would like to discuss further then please do not hesitate to contact myself or Kieran Power (Head of Plastic Surgery Unit)Main duties of the job
- You will be an excellent practitioner, acting within your professional boundaries and aligned to the RCN standards of advanced practice (RCN, 2018)
- You will demonstrate a natural alignment to our organisational values, pursuing excellence, working collaboratively, showing kindness and pioneering change.
- You will have the skills to independently undertake history taking,complex skin and wound assessment, diagnosis, treatmentassessments andevaluation of care.You will use your knowledge and skills to provide expert, efficient and safe patient care
- You will be responsible for taking a key role in the daily ward rounds with the wider team prescribing, ordering and interpreting investigations, admitting and discharging patients and completing discharge summaries.
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust is a world-leading cancer centre. Our role is to offer our patients the best cancer care available anywhere in the world, and to continue to make a global contribution to finding better ways of diagnosing and treating cancer. We employ over 4,500 staff in a diverse range of careers including nursing, medical, science, radiography, pharmacy, occupational therapy, finance and administrative services. We have two hospitals - one in Chelsea, London, and one in Sutton, Surrey - as well as a Medical Daycare Unit in Kingston Hospital.
At The Royal Marsden, we deal with cancer every day, so we understand how valuable life is. When people entrust their lives to us, they have the right to demand the very best. That's why the pursuit of excellence lies at the heart of everything we do.
At the heart of the hospital is our dedicated team. We offer a stimulating and dynamic working environment, a wide range of staff benefits, learning and development opportunities and clear career pathways. There are opportunities to work flexibly across a range of areas and specialities and we welcome flexible working requests from point of hire to support employees work life balance. We are looking for employees who aspire to excellence, share our values and can play a crucial role in our on-going achievements.Job descriptionJob responsibilitiesFor further information on this role, please see the attached detailed Job Description and Person Specification:
- To be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high-quality care and ensuring that the needs of the patient are placed at the centre of care delivery whatever the setting.
- To work autonomously managing your own clinical caseload and seek support from medical colleagues in the management of complex cases when necessary.
- To work at an advanced practice level, providing a specialist service and level of expertise ensuring that physical and psychological interventions are effective, timely and well documented.
- To demonstrate clinical judgement and critical decision-making skills based upon evidence-based practice, and work collaboratively with consultants and the wider Plastics team.
- NMC Registration
- First level degree in a relevant specialty
- MSc or working towards in relevant subject
- Relevant formal teacEvidence of continued professional development
- Completion of recognised advanced clinical examination course at level 7
- Post Registration qualification in cancer nursing
- Non-medical prescribing
- Significant relevant post-registration experience, including experience as a CNS at band 7
- Clinical management experience
- Demonstrable experience in a range of cancer care settings, i.e surgical and clinical oncology
- Budget Management / management of resources
- Experience of managing staff
- Clinical Skills e.g. Physical assessment, advanced Wound examination/assessment
- Experience in a specialist nursing role including communication and psychological support training Level 1 (Sage and Thyme)
- Evidence of good leadership qualities, including delegation and co-ordination ofteams
- The ability to communicate effectively in both written and spoken English to a wide range of people both internally and externally, often involving highly complex or sensitive information.
- Presentation skills
- Ability to innovate and respond to change
- Ability to interpret and implement new policies into workplace procedures
- Evidence of commitment to patient & carer involvement in care
- Knowledge of clinical governance issues and risk management strategies
- Knowledge of audit process
- Ability to make decisions, organise & prioritise
- Excellent interpersonal skills with particular ability to liaise effectively with multidisciplinary team members
- Experience and ability to manage conflict situations
- Computer Literacy
- Advanced physical Assessment
- Level 2 Psychological Support
- Experience of disseminating work through presentation\publication
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Ability to work clinical shifts as required
- Flexibility to meet services needs
- To work on both sites equally throughout each week or as service requires
- Flexibility of working hours
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation TrustAddress
The Royal Marsden Hospital Chelsea
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.