This position is open to qualified sonographers looking to work in a dynamic, fast-paced department and be part of our friendly and hardworking team at Surrey and Sussex NHS Trust.
In line with our trust objectives, we wish to recruit a Sonographer with high standards which is passionate about their work and committed to the pursuit of excellence. The trust ultrasound department is Sonographer-led and caters for a wide range of services including obstetrics (including early pregnancy), general/surgical, urology, gynaecology, paediatrics, head and neck (including diagnostic and therapeutic intervention), Contrast enhanced ultrasound, musculoskeletal (including therapeutic injections) and a comprehensive vascular service in line with a dedicated vascular laboratory. We are happy to support staff development in line with personal ambition and service needs. We require highly-motivated, team players, who are keen to develop professionally whilst maintaining competency in other key areas.
As a band 7 sonographer, you will be expected to produce high-quality diagnostic images and reports as well as providing a supportive learning environment for sonographers in-training. You will also be expected to take part in audits and quality assurance programmes to develop the team and department.
Applicants will be expected to work across all sites.Main duties of the job
For further information, please see the attached trust job description and person specification for a full list of duties and responsibilities.About us
We provide emergency and non-emergency services to the residents of East Surrey, North-East West Sussex, and South Croydon, including the major towns of Crawley, Horsham, Reigate and Redhill a community of over 535,000 people. We provide acute and complex services and a range of outpatient, diagnostic services whilst Crawley Hospital and Horsham in West Sussex and Caterham Dene Hospital and Oxted Health Centre in Surrey provide less complex planned services. In 2019 the Care Quality Commission (CQC) rated our services as 'Outstanding' and we are one of the best performing Trusts in England:
Job descriptionJob responsibilities
- Winners of Health Service Journal Acute Trust of the year award 2021.
- National Patient Safety Awards winner and strive to be a beacon for safety in all that we do.
- We are rated the sixth highest trust in the South East and in the top 25% nationally for staff recommending the Trust as a place to work or receive treatment.
Once you understand the requirements outlined in the advert, please ensure your application clearly reflects where you match them including any examples you would like to highlightPerson SpecificationCriteriaEssential
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Evidence of a good standard of written English appropriate to the role
- A complete and accurate application
- Suitability for role evidenced in supporting statement
- Evidence of essential experience for role
- Meet the essential education/qualifications required for the role
- Hold the necessary mandatory professional/clinical registration
- Evidence of the Trust values and behaviours
- Evidence of any other essential criteria outlined in the person specification
Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS TrustAddress
East Surrey Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.