At MPFT we pride ourselves on staff wellbeing and development and can we offer you:
Our SOOTHE resources - supporting staff across the trust with their physical, mental and financial health. In addition to the support offered from our occupational health provider Team Prevent.
Counselling support and lifestyle information with advice on a variety of personal matters
In our Gift providing a platform for your voice to be heard to inform change
The opportunity to purchase additional annual leave
Opportunities for flexible working (depending on the role)
Career development opportunities and coaching plus access to in house training programs
Innovative research training program entitled STARS (Supporting the advancement of Research Skills)
Child Care Vouchers Scheme
Recognition and engagement through our staff LOVE awards, LOVE long service awards and Staff Engagement Surveys
NHS discounts available via the Blue Card and Red Guava schemesMain duties of the job
We currently have both part time and full time opportunities for Qualified Nurses to join our busy, well established teams at Perton base. The Out of hours including Cannock have a total of four bases Tamworth, Perton and Stafford
We cover a 7 day service 18:15-8:15 hrs and have shift patterns within those times. It is important that we have an individual who is enthusiastic, works well within a team and is confident to work on their own. Support will be given to the successful candidate from our Band 6's and Clinical Leads.
The posts are available in different bases and each member of staff who is successful will have the opportunity to express a preference as to where they would like to work. We work closely with our local GP practices within our Primary Care Network and with the other nursing teams covering the South East Alliance. We provide support to patients who are palliative, have long term conditions and those who require daily treatments and interventions, including leg ulcers, diabetes, intravenous infusions, medication administration, care of drainage systems and catheter management.
We have recently expanded our Ambulatory clinics and have also introduced the CRIS (Community Rapid Intervention Service) model into our service allowing our Alliance to further enhance the ability to reduce the risk of hospital admission by supporting patients on virtual wards.About us
By joining Team MPFT, you will be helping your communities and in return for this, we will support you by
- Supporting your career development and progression
- Excellent NHS Pension scheme
- Generous maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- Options for flexible working
- Up to 27 days annual leave (increasing with service up to 33 days) and the opportunity to purchase additional leave
- Extensive Health and Wellbeing support and resources
- If you work in our community teams, we pay for your time travelling between patients
- Lease car if you complete more than 500 business miles per annum, fully insured and maintained (including tyres), mileage paid at lease car rate
- Salary sacrifice car - fully insured and maintained (including tyres), your gross pay is reduced by the cost of the vehicle before tax, NI and pension deductions are calculated, mileage paid at business rates
- Salary sacrifice bikes up to �2k
- Free car parking at all trust sites
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Citizens Advice support linked with a Hardship Fund for one off additional support up to �250 (if the criteria is met)
And more. We are proud to be a diverse and inclusive organisation and there is a choice of staff networks that help you meet like-minded people.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Key duties for this position are working autonomously over geographical areas to support patients with essential nursing care, this includes palliative support, administration of medication and wound care.
Triage and assess referrals received to the service via day teams and out of hours call centre.
Respond to and inform referrers / patients and other professionals and responsible adults as necessary on decisions, care plans, policy and best practice.Person SpecificationApplicationEssential
- Additional qualifications
applicationEssential Desirable Employer detailsEmployer name
- Community experiance
- Clinical Skills
Midlands Partnership NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Perton Health Centre
Colleridge Drive Perton Wolverhampton
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.