Are you looking for a new challenge, working autonomously within Community Nursing? Community Nursing
(District Nursing) have teams based in the following areas
- North Hub- based at Haxby Health Centre
- Selby/South Hub based Selby Hospital, Tadcaster Health Centre or Sherburn in Elmet
- East Hub- Tang Hall Clinic
- West Hub
- South Hambleton and North Ryedale
So who are the community nursing teams at York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust? We are community nursing teams comprising of motivated professionals, working out of the hospital setting delivering nursing care in patient's homes and community settings. We have close working networks with our hospital, social and primary care colleagues to support patients to stay in their homes and avoid hospital admission.
The geography varies depending on your base as we have teams in the City of York, Selby District, Tadcaster or more rural bases in the Pickering area and Easingwold. The views are spectacular. Each day you will work autonomously, delivering patient care to meet patient needs holistically. It's likely that you will be based at one of our community health centres.
We are a big team, supportive and friendly, although working independently you will always have the support of the team when needed. We have been recognised many times by the trust as a fantastic team and great asset to the organisation, we are only getting bigger and better, why wouldn't you want to be a part of that?Main duties of the job
Thisdescription indicates the main functions and responsibilities of the post. It is not intended to be a complete list. It will be amended as necessary in the event of future changes.About us
- Maintain a high standard of patient focused care in accordance with York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust policies and procedures
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment
- Provide assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care for patients, ensuring accurate written records are kept.
- Communicate with patients and carers to ensure they have access to appropriate information.
- Promote and maintain positive relationships between all staff involved in the care of the patient
- Act in accordance with the Nursing and Midwifery Council Code of Conduct
- Undertake duties on different wards/departments as and when required by service demands
- Demonstrate personal responsibility for compliance with infection control policies and procedures
- Education and Training
We offer a range of benefits to support our staff including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance through a of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
You will have noticed on the advert says hours up to 37.5, this is because we are an employer that promotes flexibility and understand that no size fits all so please apply with a variation on these hours that work for you. The service runs as a 7 days a week service 7:30am 8pm, flexibility around availability on late shifts and weekends is required. Currently the night shifts are provided by a dedicated overnight team, but there would be an opportunity to rotate to night shifts if this is something you would be interested in. CPD is expected in your role so you will be given the opportunity to learn and teach others in order to meet needs of a patient in their own homes. It is essential that you have the ability to transport yourself and equipment across the locality during the course of a normal working day. Travel expenses will be covered by expenses and parking at our community sites is free for clinical staff.
We also offer a number of other benefits for our Band 5 Staff Nurses which include the following:
- Refer a Friend - You will receive a �250 payment if you refer a nurse to us who subsequently takes up employment in our Trust (paid after the new starter completes 4-months in post).
- Pre-registered Nurses will be paid Band 5 pending their pin
We are proud to offer our Multi-Professional Preceptorship Programme to all newly registered practitioners. This is a wonderful opportunity to welcome you into your new teams and our Trust, providing you with support and guidance as you develop in confidence and competence whilst transitioning from student to autonomous professional.
Preceptorship lasts 12 months and you will be assigned a preceptee who will support coach, mentor and guide you through regular meetings, along side a programme of structured learning
For more information please see the documents attached or contact the Preceptorship team yhs-tr.preceptorship.nhs.net Working for the Trust
Across our organisation, people are guided by values that were co-developed with staff: we are kind we are open and we pursue excellence.
Our values play into our ambition to develop a more diverse workforce, truly representative of our communities. We welcome applications from everyone, while working with our Staff Networks - including our Race Equality, LGBTQ+, Disability and Carers Networks - to increase the number of applications we receive from different backgrounds. If there is anything we can do to make our application process more accessible to you, please contact: email@example.com
As part of seeking to become more inclusive, we will consider requests for flexible working from the start of your employment. It may not be suitable for every role, but we will try and be supportive where we can. We would encourage you to speak to the recruiting manager named within this advert to discuss any requirements you may have. Armed Forces Friendly Employer
We are holders of the Gold Award from the Defence Employer Recognition Scheme, which is helping actively promote SaBRE - Supporting Britains Reservists and Employers. This means that we have made a statement of intent to support all Defence personnel, including with applications for employment. COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
Our Trust continues to strongly encourage our staff to be vaccinated against COVID19, this remains our best defence to protect our patients, ourselves and everyone else.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- Current NMC registration
- Holds or prepared to work towards gaining an NMC recognised mentor qualification
- Registered and up to date mentor
- Ability to work effectively within an integrated team
- Ability to work independently
- oAbility to prioritise work and manage own work time effectively
- Demonstrate ability to teach others Presentation skills
- Experience of working in a nursing environment
- Experience of clinical supervision
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Relevant skills such as palliative care experience, care of older people
York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.