University of Bristol Dental Hospital and NHS Foundation Trust is a centre of excellence providing good quality patient care and staff development.
We have an opportunity for enthusiastic & motivated senior dental nurses to join the Primary Care Dental Services (PCDS). Our highly experienced team provides oral health care for patients with special health care needs at sites across Bristol, Bath and Weston.
The Band 5 vacancies are based in the following PCDS locations: 1 day Southmead Health Centre, 2 days Weston General Hospital, 3 days Charlotte Keel Health Centre.
Full or part time hours will be considered. For informal enquiries please contact Sarah Kear/Michele Dicks.Main duties of the job
The post holder will carry out a full range of dental nursing duties and provide senior-level dental nursing care for a wide range of patients. This will include special care and medically compromised patients, patients undergoing oral surgery, paediatrics, conscious sedation, and advanced specialist procedures.
You will contribute to the development of practice/procedure within your designated service to improve quality, safety and patient experience. Additionally you will participate in clinical and environmental audits (i.e., infection control), and undertake a link nurse role. In the absence of the Dental Nurse Manager you will provide day-to day management of your designated dental service, and be able to work flexibly across other dental services, including those delivered in satellite centres within the community.About us
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the country, bringing together a combined workforce of over 13,000 staff and over 100 different clinical services across 10 different sites, serving a core population of more than 500,000 people across South West England. UHBW has been rated by the CQC as 'Good' overall and our staff are proud to deliver excellent care to the people of Bristol, Weston and beyond. As a forward-thinking multi-award winning Trust and a digital exemplar committed to improving patient care, our world-leading research and innovations are having a positive local and global impact. Our hospitals are spread across Bristol and Weston, join us and you can enjoy the very best of both worlds city living within a stone's throw of the countryside or beside the seaside, both with easy access to all that the South West has to offer. UHBW is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. As an equal opportunities employer actively working towards a diverse workforce we aim to recruit and retain a workforce which represents the rich diversity of the local population at all levels and are committed to designing our services around the needs of individual patients and those around them. Anonymous information will be used from your application in order to ensure we're meeting our pledge.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For a more detailed job description and main responsibilities, please refer to the job description document attached to this vacancy.Person SpecificationSkills and AbilitiesEssential
Knowledge & ExperienceEssential
- Able to work effectively with others as part of a team
- Ability to work under instruction and show initiative by prioritising and organising workload
- Competent in operating a computer
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to carry out routine/repetitive activities
- Ability to prioritise
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Dexterity - ability to handle/manoeuvre equipment/instruments across a wide range of sizes, weights and environments
- Manual handling - ability to manoeuvre trolleys and instrumentation boxes in line with trust policy
- Able to work autonomously
- Enhanced knowledge of a range of dental nursing procedures
- Experience of assisting with a diverse range of patients
Qualifications and TrainingEssential
- Experience of a variety of settings i.e., hospital, community clinic, NHS/Private Practice
- Experience of being part of a quality improvement project and understanding the underpinning principles
- National Diploma in Dental Nursing (or equivalent Level 3 Dental Nursing qualification)
- Valid GDC registration
- Post registration qualification in Conscious Sedation, Special Care Dentistry, Oral Health Education, Dental Radiography, Implantology or Orthodontics
- Completion of enhanced dental nurse courses such as fluoride application
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, and able to inspire others
- Ability to manage self and exhibit skills, including self-awareness, self-management, and drive for improvement
- Personal resilience
- Able to use own initiative
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Team player
University Hospitals Bristol and Weston NHS Foundation Trust (UHBW)Address
Primary Care Dental Service
Lower Maudlin Street
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.