We are recruiting for a Colorectal Clinical Nurse Specialist who shares our vision to be trusted to provide consistently outstanding care and exemplary service to our patients.
We are looking for an enthusiastic qualified Nurse who can demonstrate their current experience/ significant experience at band 6 level working in the field of colorectal surgery/cancer/palliative care. Experience of managing nurse led clinics is desirable. We are keen to recruit a passionate, accomplished team player. We are happy to provide and support training for the right candidate.
As an experienced nurse you will work alongside nursing and medical colleagues in surgery and oncology to facilitate the best experience and care for individuals with colorectal cancer. You will also contribute to the on-going role in the development of the service for patients specialising in the palliative and Living with cancer setting. Excellent communication skills are paramount, an ability to prioritise workload, whilst working as part of a team is also essential.
Informal visits very welcome and encouraged. For further questions please call Jackie Hayward on 01438 285684.
Our Values are I
espect and I
mprove. It is important that you understand and refer to our values during your recruitment process and beyond!Main duties of the job
Working as a team to ensure excellent care for Colorectal cancer patients throughout their pathway. Advanced communication skills essential for complex patient care. Good colorectal oncology knowledge base is needed.
Working with the Multidicplinary team, improving the pathway, undertaking referrals, liasing with other agencies, requesting investigations
Managing a caseload, managing nurse led clinics in a curative/ metastaic and palliative setting. Confidence and competence for autonomous practice. Advocating for the patient and their family
Breaking bad news to patients and families
Teaching patients in workshops for self care
Role model as a senoir nurse in the trust, teaching students/ doctors/ allied health care professionals
Leading initiaves in colorectal Nursing, undertaking audit, data collectionAbout us
At East and North Hertfordshire NHS Trust, we are proud of the range of general and specialist services we provide and our 6,000 or so dedicated staff ensure our patients get the best care. Our ability to be flexible and innovative in the way in which we work and deliver our services to our catchment has never been more important than it is now.
We run the following hospitals:
- The Lister Hospital, Stevenage
- New Queen Elizabeth II (New QEII), Welwyn Garden City
- Hertford County, Hertford
- Mount Vernon Cancer Centre (MVCC), Northwood
We have ambitious plans to become an outstanding, patient-led Trust where dedicated staff provide high-quality, compassionate care to our patients. We continue to undergo significant transformation and our staff and patients are at the heart of delivering this ambitious agenda.
We are committed to a positive work life balance for our employees. This means that any employee is entitled to seek to work flexible working patterns and we are committed to listen and consider all requests. Such requests, of course, have to be made and considered formally, and will need to be balanced against service needs, but our starting point will always be to find ways to support making them happen.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see the attached Job Description and Person Specification applicant pack for further detailed information regarding this role.Person SpecificationPrevious ExperienceEssential
- Significant relevant experience in the Specialty and ability to demonstrate expert nursing skills
- Band 6 experience colorectal surgery/ oncology/ Palliative Care
- Multidisciplinary team working
- Accept personal accountability for own practice
- Experience of formal/informal teaching
- Experience of initiating change
- Understanding evidence-based practice
- Experience of Clinical Governance
- Understanding of patient pathways and it's complexities and how to support patients through this
- Running Nurse led clinics
- Experience working with personalized care programme
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of working as an integral member of a small team
- Flexible and adaptable to changing situations due to workload and colleague's needs
- Ability to undertake teaching of staff and patients
- Leadership skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and manage own workload effective time - management
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead developments in practice, show initiative
- Commitment to multi-disciplinary working
- Demonstrate analytical and judgmental skills
- Experience of working with electronic patient records and other IT systems
Qualifications / TrainingEssential
- Independent Nurse prescriber
- Advanced communication skills
- Registered nurse education to Degree level or willingness to undertake
- Post registration qualification in specialty
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Teaching qualification
- Advanced communication skills/counselling qualification or willingness to undertake
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Advanced clinical assessment
- Research Module Masters Degree
East and North Herts NHS TrustAddress
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.