An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Medical Division at Wye Valley NHS Trust due to an internal secondment. We are looking for an enthusiastic and forward thinking person looking for their next challenge, to support the delivery of the medical specialities within the Trust. The position is offered on a Fixed Term or secondment basis until the start of January 2025.
The post holder will be accountable for the operational performance of the Medicine Directorate, to include delivery of high quality patient care, clinical governance, patient safety, clinical quality and delivery of performance and financial targets.
This is a busy and demanding role for an excellent leader. In return this post offers significant development opportunities, including both professional and leadership development together with an opportunity to work across a variety of inpatient and outpatient focussed specialities.Main duties of the job
The post holder will be responsible for the daily operational management of the Medicine Directorate working with the Clinical Leads, Clinical Directors and Heads of Department to deliver high quality and cost effective services.
- To deliver the efficient utilisation of operational resources to maximise performance and capacity.
- To work collaboratively with other Managers and Clinical leads across the Medical Division to support delivery of all operational performance targets.
- To ensure that the Directorate has relevant and robust Standard Operating, escalation and business continuity procedures.
- In conjunction with the Clinical Leads/Directors and Heads of Department ensure that quality and safety indicators are met, acting upon potential non-compliance as agreed in relevant procedures and policies.
- To ensure that the Medicine Directorate has an Operational Performance Management Framework.
- To be responsible for improving services and delivering best practice standards within available resources.
- To develop business cases to support operational delivery of services and to supervise others in the development of business cases where necessary.
- To be responsible for ensuring the estate is developed to meet the needs of the services within the Medicine Directorate.
- To deputise for the Associate Chief Operating Officer as required.
Wye Valley NHS Trust is a member of an NHS Foundation Group with South Warwickshire NHS FT , the George Eliot Hospital NHS Trust and Worcestershire Acute Hospitals NHS Trust.
Located on the border with Wales in the shadow of the Black Mountains, we provide acute and community services across Herefordshire and into parts of Powys and run Hereford County Hospital and the community hospitals in Bromyard, Leominster and Ross-on-Wye.
Worcestershire is our neighbouring county. The post holder will be required to travel between sites.
We are a progressive and forward looking trust with ambitious plans to improve quality and integrate patient pathways through close collaborative working with our partners to deliver the quality of care we'd want for our family and friends.
More than 3,500 people work for the Trust - they tell us it's a great place to work, blending the busyness of a DGH with the benefits of working in a beautiful rural and unspoilt county like Herefordshire.
We can offer a great work-life balance and have a fine tradition of working with staff to help them achieve their full potential.
Russell Hardy, Trust Chairman: The strength of the Trust is its amazing staff a great place to work, a great place to develop your career and a great place to reach your potential. Our values -Care, Accountability, Respect and Excellence - are at the heart of all we do. We believe in providing the right care in the right place at the right time...all the time.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
For more information about the role and responsibilities please see the attached job description and person specification.Person SpecificationEducation & QualificationsEssential
Skills, Knowledge & AbilitiesEssential
- 1 st Level degree or equivalent
- MSc level or relevant training or experience
- Evidence of business management or equivalent experience
- Leadership Qualification or experience
- Understanding and experience of project management skills
- Demonstrates knowledge and experience of the key principles of managing change
- Evidence of high level of communication and influencing skills
- Ability to critically analyse complex data and understand the effects of variation
- Competent in the use of Microsoft applications
- Experience of implementing a quality improvement process
- Extensive experience of managing acute hospital service, multidisciplinary clinical and non-clinical staff groups and financial resources
- Experience of developing services in a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of service improvement techniques
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Experience of Diagnostic services
Wye Valley NHS TrustAddress
Hereford County Hospital
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.