The NHS is changing. More emphasis on community-based care means there's never been a bettertime to join us.We are looking for an enthusiastic, proactive and dynamic qualified Senior Nurse Practitioner/SeniorParamedic Practitioner to join our caring, supportive and progressive team at Gravesham UrgentTreatment Centre based within Gravesham Community Hospital.We pride ourselves on being a supportive and friendly team, if you can bring a professional approachand fresh ideas we would love to hear from you.Main duties of the job
As a senior member of the Urgent Treatment Centre, you will be expected to manage theassessment, diagnosis, implementation and treatment of a range of highly specialised care for adultsand children (aged 1 year and above) presenting with undifferentiated and undiagnosed problemsvisiting the unit.You'll provide clinical expertise, professional leadership and education, ensuring high standards ofevidence-based practice at all times.There will be opportunities to develop you to lead an area of practice, and liaise with leads at otherMIU/UTC sites within the organisation, attend relevant meetings and disseminate information to teammembers.About us
One of the largest community NHS trusts in the UK, KCHFT are rated 'outstanding' by the CQC. We've got a passion for delivering high standards of care to patients and deliver excellent services to improve the health of our communities. To do this we need outstanding people who share our values C
We're committed to equality, diversity and inclusion, which leads to better patient care and a happier workforce. So, all our colleagues have equal access to career opportunities.
We've signed up to be a real UK living wage employer. The real Living Wage is the only UK wage rate voluntarily paid by 7,000+ UK businesses who believe their staff deserve a fair wage. Committing to the real UK Living Wage is one way we're delivering our pledge to be the best employer
Flexibility is another way we do this. In the NHS, we're reminded every day how important life is. As a flexible working friendly organisation, we want you to be able to work in a way that is best for us, for our patients and for you. Speak to us about how we might be able to accommodate a flexible working arrangement without having to sacrifice time for personal interests or family commitments. We'll support you to work flexibly in a way that will suits us both
Looking for professional development? We can support that too! Our career pathways will help you achieve your aspirationsJob descriptionJob responsibilitiesJob responsibilities
The job description and person specification gives you all the information you need about this role. Please look carefully at the criteria in the person specification and tell us what you have done that shows you meet this.
Still have questions? The recruiting manager would love to hear from you, their contact details can be found in the job advert.
We can get a lot of applications for some roles so to be in with the best chance of being shortlisted please make sure you apply as soon as possible. A vacancy may close early if there is a lot of interest in the job.
If you need an application form in an alternative format please let our recruitment team know so they can help you with this.
All information you supply on your application should, to the best of your knowledge, be true and accurate. Interviews are due to take place on the 28th November 2023.
Find out more about the community difference here.
Good luck! We cant wait to meet you and welcome you to #teamKCHFT, #cometocommunity
Although vaccination against COVID-19 is not mandatory, we are strongly encouraging colleagues in clinical and non-clinical roles who have direct or social contact with patients to be fully vaccinated. In this way we will be doing all we can to ensure your safety and that of your colleagues and the patients we serve.Person SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- First Level Registered Nurse/Paramedic Completed
- First Level Degree Immediate Life Support - adults and children - defibrillation
- Evidence of relevant specialist courses and continuing professional development (minor illness/minor injury) at level 3
- Child and adult protection knowledge
- Proven record of mandatory training
- IT NVQ or relevant experience
- Independent Nurse/Paramedic Prescriber
- Leadership and management course
- Relevant Degree Evidence of autonomous practice
- ENB 998/Preparation for mentors
- Appraisal, recruitment and absence management experience
- A& E radiology, Imaging Regulation and Initial Imaging (red dot) course) & IRMer
- Emergency care experience
- Professional knowledge and competence in the autonomous management of undifferentiated presentations
- Recognising limitations of the role Personal accountability
- Experience of dealing with difficult complex and sensitive situations
- Administration of medications within Patient Group Directions (PGD's)
- Management of patients with minor injuries and minor illnesses
- Emergency Planning Training
- Risk Assessment
- Participation in Learning and Development activities
- Experience of Audit
- Organisational responsibilities
- Able to undertake assessment and treatment of patients including ordering and interpreting relevant investigations i.e. x-rays
- Highly developed advanced physical skills in hand eye co-ordination when dexterity and degree of speed and precision is required i.e. suturing,
- Excellent interpersonal skills - able to communicate with staff at all levels and disciplines as well as patients, relatives, carers and the multidisciplinary team
- Wound management
- Application of plaster of paris
- Advanced computer skills
- Able to present information logically and concisely both written and verbally
- Able to communicate complex and sensitive issues including barriers to understanding requiring empathy and negotiation skills
- Able to teach / supervise / facilitate other in all aspects of patient care within the service
- Team management
- Health promotion skills
- Clinical supervision
- Presentation skills
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Understanding of autonomous role
- Committed to patient focused care
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Organisational skills
- Ability to identify own learning needs
- To act as an ambassador for the Trust/Service
- Able to work flexibly, according to the needs of the service, including internal rotation
Kent Community Health NHS Foundation TrustAddress
Gravesham Urgent Treatment Centre
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.