If you are a practicing Emergency Care/Nurse Practitioner and want another challenge or feel it is time you progressed your career, we would love you to come and join our Team within our Trust.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, experienced Leader to join our Minor Injuries Unit Team at Malvern Community Hospital. You will be the leader of Malvern Community Hospital MIU. Working hours will be 37.5 hours, Monday Friday, 9 5 with occasional cover at weekend if the service demands.
The ability to use your initiative, work proactively, demonstrate excellent Leadership/communication and influencing skills, lead your team at the same time prioritise your own workload and respond flexibly to changing demands are essential requirements of the role.
The role will provide you with variety and no two days are the same. You will have autonomy to balance and achieve the demands of the role so will need to demonstrate your ability to be responsive and flexible to be able meet the requirements of the role.Main duties of the jobThe post holder will:
Be expected to lead and manage a designated Minor Injury Unit. They will be responsible for the unit budget and have overall responsibility for the line management of staff within the unit. The role will require a high level of leadership and utilisation of motivational, innovation and change management skills.
Be an experienced clinician and as an ENP be responsible for providing expert knowledge and skills to more junior members of the team.
Deputise for Countywide MIU Matron and other MIU leads in times of absence, ensuring a consistent workforce within all Units, providing equitable care to all patients.
Provide a holistic, autonomous, clinical nursing service by attending to all referrals/self-referrals to the Minor Injury Unit. Assessing their physical, psychological and social needs, implementing all agreed management plan with patients including appropriate investigations, prescribing and referral, within PGDs.
Be innovative, continually striving for improvement.About us
At Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS Trust, we are working together to deliver outstanding care. We run community hospitals and community health services across Worcestershire and provide mental health and learning disability services across both Herefordshire and Worcestershire.
Our people (all 4500+ of them) provide services for people of all ages, experiencing both physical and/or mental health conditions from over 100 sites.
We will support you to thrive offer flexible working options for a great work-life balance, help you fulfil your ambitions, and empower you to make positive changes within your team or service. Its why we were named Large Apprenticeship Employer of the Year award at the 2022 Worcestershire Apprenticeship Awards. We value diversity and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds, cultures, and ethnicities.What we offer
- 27 days leave plus bank holidays, increasing up to 33 days with long service
- Generous NHS pension and enhanced pay when you work unsocial hours
- Flexible and agile working opportunities
- Great maternity, paternity, and adoption support
- Wide range of staff networks such as LGBT+ and ENRICH (Equality Network for Race Inclusion and Cultural Heritage)
- Health service discounts and online benefits including excellent cycle to work and car salary sacrifice schemes
- Health and wellbeing opportunities
If you would like to know more, please visit our careers website.Job descriptionJob responsibilities
Carry the management and leadership responsibilities for a department, including liaison with other agencies and, where appropriate, the supervision, delegation and teaching of staff and / or students, patients and carers.
For full details of the duties and criteria for the role please refer to the job description and person specification attached.Person SpecificationAdditional CriteriaEssential
- Team player
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to manage and prioritise a wide variety of, often conflicting, demands
- Enthusiastic and forward thinking
- Flexible attitude
- Self-motivated and ability to motivate others
- Criminal record check satisfactory to organisation
- Ability to travel independently across the county
- High level of clinical knowledge and skill
- Clinical governance
- Understanding of personal contribution to the achievement of organisational objectives within the business plan
- Health improvement
- Good knowledge of community services and care pathways
- National and local health and social care strategies
- Changes within community hospital care, CQC, PLACE
- Significant experience working as an ENP within a Minor Injury Unit or Emergency Department.
- Management of a team
- Clinical audit/project work
- Experience of change management
Skills & AbilitiesEssential
- Broad range of clinical experience
- Conflict management
- Workforce planning
- Ability to challenge poor behaviour
- Role modelling good behaviour
- A positive attitude and able to act on feedback
- Ability to praise and be supportive to others
- Positive role model
- Leadership skills
- High level of clinical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Clear analytical, decision-making and budgetary monitoring skills
- Ability to manage budget and help improve productivity and cost effectiveness
- Time management and organisational skills
- IT skills
- Innovative and creative approach to care and management
- Teaching skills
- Recruitment and Selection Training
- Advanced assessment skills
- Counselling training
- Following computer systems Patient first, Healthroster, Ulysses Incident Reporting, ESR
- Accident and Emergency nursing experience
- Registered nurse (RN1)
- First level degree
- University based Emergency Nurse Practitioner course
- Evidence of on-going continual professional development
- I understand that I will be asked to provide original certificates to verify my qualifications at point of offer
Employer detailsEmployer name
- Masters degree
- Non-Medical Prescriber Qualification
- Registered Mental Health Nurse
- Registered Childrens Nurse
- Management and leadership qualification
Herefordshire and Worcestershire Health and Care NHS TrustAddress
Malvern Community Hospital
185 Worcester Road
Any attachments will be accessible after you click to apply.